I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BotM Nominations > Nominations for October's Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kait (new)

Kait (KaitL) | 117 comments Mod
What trade should we read together for our October Comic Book of the Month? Nominate your pick here!

This month's theme is horror!

Titles nominated this month must fall into the horror genre. If you have any questions or concerns, please send a message to mod Kait, who is happy to help. You can find the complete 2018 theme calendar here.

Remember:
- Nominated titles must be TPB comics or original graphic novels.
- Only the first volume of a series may be nominated, unless the group has already read the previous volume(s) as a book of the month. To see what we've read, check out our group's bookshelf.
- Nominated titles cannot have the same writer as the previous month's BotM winner. This month, that's Art Spiegelman.
- Nominated titles must fit the month's theme. To see past and upcoming themes, check out the 2018 theme calendar.
- Only one nomination per person.
- You can "second" a nomination in place of nominating a different book, but this will count as your nomination for the month. Seconded books will receive an additional chance of being selected in the randomization process.
- If a title you nominate wins BotM, please refrain from nominating another title for one month to give others a chance.

Nomination & Voting Schedule:
To better accommodate our increasing number of members, the nomination and voting schedule is as follows every month:

16th: Nomination forum opens
23rd: Nomination forum closes; 5 nominations are selected at random; Voting opens
30th: Voting closes

More details on our updated nomination and voting procedures can be found here.

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 191 comments Jughead: The Hunger, Vol. 1

We
NEED
TO
READ
THIS

LOL

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Gordon Trick r Treat by Marc Andreyko

message 6: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 58 comments Nameless by Grant "the Wizard" Morrison.

message 7: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audjvoss12) | 1 comments I second Clean Room

message 8: by Angel (new)

Angel Noir | 2 comments I was too excited for this month and genre. I couldn’t decide on nominating a single title. I also second the Clean Room nomination.

Kill or Be Killed Vol. 1 By: Brubaker, Phillips & Breitweiser

Severed By: Scott Snyder

Nailbiter Vol. 1 By: Williamson & Henderson

Bedlam Vol. 1 By: Spencer, Rossmo & Irving

Regression Vol. 1 By: Bunn, Luckert & Enger

The October Faction Vol. 1 By: Niles & Worm

Witch Doctor Vol. 1 By: Seifert & Ketner

Echoes By: Joshua Hale Fialkov

Wytches 1 By: Snyder, Jock & Hollingsworth

Redneck, Vol. 1: Deep in the Heart by Donny Cates

Glitterbomb Vol. 1 By: Zub & Morrissette

Outcast Vol. 1 By: Kirkman & Azaceta

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 32 comments How is it already the middle of the month and time to nominate a new book? I haven't even started Maus yet! ugghh!
There are several horror titles that I'd like to read, despite horror not *really* being my genre, but if I had to choose one:
Redlands, Vol. 1 as it's been on my list for about a year and I need a reason to finally dive in and read it! I've heard good things! Plus it's described as a feminist occult horror comic and I'm all about dark, witchy vibes. ^_^

message 11: by Nerd (new)

Nerd Storm (NerdStorm) | 3 comments I second Revival Vol 1

message 12: by Kait (new)

Kait (KaitL) | 117 comments Mod
Angel wrote: "I was too excited for this month and genre. I couldn’t decide on nominating a single title. I also second the Clean Room nomination."

I love horror comics, too! Unfortunately, we can only have one nomination per person. If it helps you decide at all, we already read Wytches in May of last year. You can find the discussion here if you want to add anything!

message 13: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 148 comments Angel wrote: "I was too excited for this month and genre. I couldn’t decide on nominating a single title. I also second the Clean Room nomination.

Kill or Be Killed Vol. 1 By: Brubaker, Phillips & Breitweiser

..."

Wow that is a nice list. I've read probably about a third of them already and I see a couple I've been meaning to read. Even if you can't nominate all of them for next month, it's a great place for people to start that want to read more horror comics.

message 14: by Václav (new)

Václav (VasaXter) | 5 comments Severed by Snyder. Definitely most "horror feel" comic book I red (so far).

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.