Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

The Orphan Conspiracies: 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy
This topic is about The Orphan Conspiracies
FALSE FLAG OPERATIONS > War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothin'!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 136 (136 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lance, Group Founder (last edited Jun 04, 2017 05:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2876 comments Excerpt from The Orphan Conspiracies: 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy:

According to our research, WW2 was one of the last legitimate wars. Legitimate in that there was probably no other alternative but war. Nearly all other wars since – especially the Gulf Wars, Vietnam, The Falklands War and the various Afghan wars – have simply been money-spinners spawned by the fear of fabricated enemies or at least unproven enemies.

This all leads to other questions.

Were communists ever a valid threat? When the US pulled out of Vietnam, why didn’t the much hyped Domino Theory ever occur? Why weren’t most other Asian countries overrun by communism as this theory stated was inevitable?

Is it realistic to have a war on ‘terror’ instead of a conventional war against a recognizable nation or group of nations? Can bearded nomads living in caves in Afghanistan or Pakistan really be a genuine threat to superpowers? And can isolated and impoverished nations like North Korea prevent world peace if the rest of the world wants peace?

Would North Korean president Kim Jong-un actually order his military to fire nuclear weapons and incite war? If so, what would be in it for North Korea when they’d obviously be committing suicide by inviting the rest of the world to immediately invade them? Can a leader of any nation really be that stupid?

And why is it leaders of such fiercely independent nations as Cuba, Venezuela, Iran and Libya are usually portrayed as madmen while the likes of George W. Bush are said to be completely sane?

Maybe world leaders and the invisible puppet masters who pull their strings are not that different to Rome’s Emperor Nero all those centuries ago.

And it appears the world has not learnt from the well-documented false flag deceptions of the past, for as at the time of writing, news reports are surfacing that imply a new arms conflict between Russia, the Ukraine and the United States is possible.

Although the disagreement over the disputed region of Crimea appears to be a little more complicated than the North Korea issue, the usual signs of propaganda also seem to be being disseminated by warmongers. Echoing almost verbatim the alarmist news reports on North Korea a year earlier, talk of a return to the days of the Cold War, or even the possibility of World War Three, are being mentioned in the media in regard to this standoff in the Ukraine.

We certainly don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we agree with whoever it was who said we should all study the past to understand the present.

Of course, we could be totally wrong in our assumptions concerning wars. In which case, North Korea really may be about to nuke us all! If that’s true, the best advice we could give you is to put this book down immediately and spend what’s left of your precious life in party mode.

The Orphan Conspiracies 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy by James Morcan

message 2: by Cosmic (last edited Aug 11, 2014 03:04PM) (new) - added it

Cosmic Arcata | 45 comments Lance wrote: "According to our research, WW2 was one of the last legitimate wars. Legitimate in that there was probably no other alternative but war. Nearly all other wars since – especially the Gulf Wars, Vietn..."

I disagree with you. I really never studied WW2 until I started studying The Catcher In The Rye. I think that through the allusions in this book you will see that WW2 was a man made war. It was orchestrated. It had a purpose.

It looked at like a staged robbery you have the robbers and you have someone going in behind and burning up all the evidence. Way before they were talking about a war with Germany they were preparing people to accept war as a solution to the great depression.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I am only disagreeing with your first paragraph as I don't have enough personal knowledge to make a determination about the rest.

It would seem to me that they left Germany in such a bad way they were setting up the game so that the Germans would react the way they did....seeWhen Money Dies: The Nightmare Of The Weimar Hyper Inflation

message 3: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments Interesting thoughts. And some even say WW1 could have been avoided too. If true, think of all the deaths that could have been avoided!
But even if WW2 was initially orchestrated as you say, once Hitler was terrorizing Europe he obviously needed to be opposed at that point.

message 4: by Cosmic (last edited Aug 11, 2014 03:39PM) (new) - added it

Cosmic Arcata | 45 comments According to the The House of the Seven Gables no leader is elected of their own volition. He is picked by a group of peers.

Hitler didn't die in a suicide but ended up in Argentina according to the FBI:
http://vault.fbi.gov/adolf-hitler/ado...
So this makes fighting Hitler seem silly. I guess he was a good reason to have a war. Hard to play football if you can't find another team.

I guess I view history more like Shakespeare: all the world's a stage and we are merely actors. Yes we were convinced that war was the only way to get rid of Hitler but who put him in charge? And how would the middle east look today if he had not come to power? Who had the money in Germany, and who was sheared? And slaughtered? And orphaned? This holocaust is worst than just the camps. It has had huge repercussions on history that can never be turned back. It is like a pebble being dropped, or maybe thousands simultaneously and the ripple is and will be felt for many generations. And those generations will not even know from whence it came but they will react and create more ripples.

I am not saying Hitler shouldn't have been stopped, just questioning how and who gave him the role to play and how and whom did it benefit?

Joanne Interesting thread. All wars are man made. Legitimate is an interesting word though can war ever really be legitimate? James you are right I believe all wars or conflicts can be avoided if everyone plays nice, they don't and never will. The simply truth is that sometimes someone needs to stand up to the bully. Some conflicts/wars I believe are a necessary evil - a terrible waste and disgraceful but if you lived in Africa wouldn't you want someone to help you. There in lies your argument who decides where we go to war and where we ignore?

message 6: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments Nice one, Joanne.
Yep, war is just about business.

message 7: by Mikhayla (new) - added it

Mikhayla Gracey “Provoking separatist hatreds is an aggressive weed. We all have dirty hands and a broken heart. Put down your flag before you put down your weapons. If you must raise a flag, be sure it says, “We is better than you or I.” We will not persecute, nor tolerate persecution. We will not dominate, nor tolerate subjugation.”
― Mikhayla Gracey, Save Me, I'm Yours: Saving Our Children from Ritual Abuse and Nazi Mind Control

It is my understanding that WWIII will be fought differently than any war before or since. It will be the bloodiest war the world has ever known, but it will be the shortest war and when it is over there will be the greatest peace the world has ever known. The war will not be against nation or categories of people. The enemy is evil period. Do you know who it is we must defend ourselves against? The enemy looks like us, on the outside.

message 8: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2876 comments Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq...Roll up! Roll up! Who’s next?

Man, it's sad!

message 9: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments The Bosnian War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_War) of the early-mid 1990s also comes to mind.

Even though Croats and Serbs have hated each other for many centuries, I personally believe the war in the 1990s was engineered by the West and arms traders. I had a small personal experience on this subject that shaped my beliefs on this war.

I met a Serbian woman who told me she worked at an airport in Belgrade in the late 1980s and she told me that high-level US airforce personnel told her that "there will soon be a civil war in Yugoslavia."

So although I don't know for sure, that Serbian woman leads me to believe this was yet another war created by outside forces rather than internal - like most wars are, I sense.

message 10: by Mikhayla (new) - added it

Mikhayla Gracey This is what I have come to believe regarding war. There is great evil on this planet and I am not against weeding it. War, the way it has come to be fought however, has always been categories of people, (countries, races, religions) against other categories. The reality is that evil is within every one of this categories, and war creates misery, a prime agenda of evil.
I believe there should be one last world war, fought not one group against another, but good against evil. Good people need to weed the evil from the groups in which they themselves belong. Americans should weed America. Christians weed evil from their own congregations, Muslims, Pagans, Buddhists...weed their own congregations.... Our planet needs weeding, but manipulations to create war among categories is simply status quo maintenance of the misery evil is so fond of maintaining. It's about time the White Buffalo Woman return and we all sit down with a peace pipe and share our sacred stories.

message 11: by Mikhayla (new) - added it

Mikhayla Gracey There is a line in the movie "Captain America: Winter Soldier." Captain America is asked, "How do we know who the good guys are, and who the bad guys are?" He answered, "If they are shooting at us, they are the bad guys." Perhaps what needs to happen is that the consequences of the evil is exposed and a healthier alternative promoted. Those who come out in violent opposition are the bad guys.

message 12: by Catherine (last edited Nov 18, 2014 05:39PM) (new) - added it

Catherine well... wars certainly could be avoided...if everyone just could agree to disagree, and just get on with their own lives and problems. I have to say...where this subject is concerned...the US has it claws everywhere! I think it takes a madman to want to put his country through any kind of major conflict. Every country is going to have dissenters....there is no way around it...not everyone is going to agree with the government...there is always going to be a struggle for power...because all those who don't have it, want it, and all those who have it want to keep it...they think they are above the law and above justice...or at least justice as it is supposed to be..not as they see it.
there will always be a struggle for power, and greed is a great "carrot on the stick". look at history...every country wants to put their influence on the world...every country wants to exert dominance...we can't all be at the top of the heap! but one has to wonder why the heap can't be more evenly distributed...so that there is no "top" as it were...

Mijhayla said..there should be one last world war...but who's to say that it would surely be the last. on the flipside...if it were....who's to say that we would be any happier...because Utopia is a myth....

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments Well said, Catherine, but I'd replace the word 'country' with 'government'. That's the biggest con of all- this belief that we're all countries of people starting and fighting wars, when it's always been the top elite (government, royalty...) creating those wars. And in today's age especially, the vast amount of people in the world want peace. It's the governments that make those decisions, not the people. (And I don't wanna hear anybody talk about democracy and we voted 'em in stuff, 'cos we never have the opportunity to vote on war.)

We know fighting just creates more fighting. Can't we please stop?

message 14: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments Harry wrote: "Well said, Catherine, but I'd replace the word 'country' with 'government'. That's the biggest con of all- this belief that we're all countries of people starting and fighting wars, when it's alway..."

Very well said, Harry.
I 2nd that.
People are the same everywhere.
Recent (militant) US administrations do not remotely reflect the will of the American people who are some of the most honest, hard-working and peace-loving people on the planet according to my observations.
Somewhere along the way the US was hijacked by elitists and American values were discarded.

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments Cheers James.

And whilst I'm at it... and as has been touched upon in other threads, war is often propaganda-dly sold to us with fear.
I mean, look how the U.K (along with every other country) is stirring up the threat of 'Islamic Extremism' when we've had only one bomb go off because of that threat (false flag conspiracies to one side), and actually I can remember when we had plenty more in the eighties and nineties from the IRA than we've ever had since, but most Brits just got on with it, with no fear instilled in us. My point is, like the U.S, we've had very few attacks from any sort of extremism (and many arrests, as we know, of suspected extremists is just bunk) so what are we all in frenzied fear about? Ah, but then actually the threat is growing, seeing as our governments are messing more and more with foreign affairs against the people of most Middle East countries, and which we have no business in.

All we've got to do is defend rather than invade. It's effing simple.

message 16: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine James wrote: "Harry wrote: "Well said, Catherine, but I'd replace the word 'country' with 'government'. That's the biggest con of all- this belief that we're all countries of people starting and fighting wars, w..."

what about what I said James!!! lol

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments Nothing wrong with playing devil's advocate, Edward. To me, and to generalise, I think in most western countries like U.K and U.S, it's usually close to 50/50 in public response to any war- and those that support the whatever war do so because they trust they're being given accurate information by their government and media. (The 45 minute claim of Saddam's nuclear weapons, for just one example).
As long as you can fool half the people half the time...

message 18: by Mikhayla (new) - added it

Mikhayla Gracey I don't like war. I don't like violence. When violence and human atrocities are committed I support defending the innocent and myself. ISIS is a sort of Mafia that is violent and inhumane. They may or may not be a threat against the American people, but they sure as ... are a threat to innocent people and their freedoms. There is evil here in America, and our obligation to weed it, by whatever means. If it can be done without violence, that would be best. There has been many a police officer who has had to resort to violence to stop a violent criminal. I support our police officers. I support out troops.

I stand a bit in the middle regarding Americas involvement in the war against ISIS. It may be the people in the Middle East who need to fight the threat against their freedom, but then perhaps their fight wouldn't be such a loosing battle if we had not been so supportive of the dictators in their government in the past.

Most people are peace loving. This is the reason I believe that wars can be eliminated, but peace loving people need to face the responsibility of removing power grabbing criminals with guns, and power brokers don't won't be giving up power easily, therefore, to assume that dethroning can come without war, is naïve. The last war I see, is one fought people against corrupt power brokers, not country against country. Once the power brokers are dethroned, there will be no war, because as has been pointed out, generally people don't want war.

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments I agree with much of what you say, Mikhayla. Most people want peace, and because most people are peaceful, that's why they won't want to get involved.
But if we are to depose those in power that suit their own means, then I stand by an absolute no violence policy. Fighting just creates more fighting; its an endless loop in human history that will never cease until we go about things another way.
For starters, we should always fix root causes of problems- such as poverty breeding crime. But in the case of 'the peace wanting people going to war', we have all the power we want without non-violent means. All we need to do is agree and come together. Once we have the numbers, it's easy. We just stop. Stop working. Stop paying the corporations. Stop goddamn everything, and be unfearful of what we have to put up with during the process, 'cos it's better than being in a warzone, and it's for future freedom.

If we don't work for those in power... if we don't pay those in power, they're stuffed.
But it'll take a huge amount of people, including people in politics, armed forces, police forces... to come together to change the world.

Well, that's what crazy headed Harry thinks anyway. :)

message 20: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments I totally agree with what Harry just wrote.
We The People already have all the power we need and then some
"They got the guns, but we got the numbers"
And numbers wins, so long as the MINORITY elite don't draw us in to violent acts - in which case we lose every time

message 21: by James, Group Founder (last edited Nov 20, 2014 10:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments ISIS seems like yet another fabricated enemy ala Al Qaeda
And indeed there is already much evidence to support this theory

There have always been evil doers...terrorists, dictators, are all over the show - yet for some reason we always inflate the Middle Eastern ones and under-report other ones

5 million people have been killed in the Congo (formerly Zaire) in the last 10 years plus 1 million women have been raped
But no Western country wants to invade The Congo and try to do the right thing

message 22: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments I listed my Jim Morrison quote earlier, Ed.
They got the guns, but we got the numbers
That's about the limit of my brain power
But Plato is too deep for me
Remember, I'm just another baboon trying to appear learned...

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments Cheers guys.

Edward, you're right in all you say, but I still believe that 'the human history is of wars and dominance' attitude we all have is fabricated to a large degree. We think it's in human nature to be aggressive (and certainly when looking at the whole animal kingdom, and at possible evolution theories, that's true), but I would argue it is not a part of human nature in its purest form. The aggressors of humanity who start wars and inflict unjust laws are the ones who actually we should be saying: 'human history is one of war and dominance.'
Or to simply put: 'They' started it. And the people have just been resisting in one form or another ever since, whether it's joining up to the forces to fight what they genuinely believe in for their own cause- be it a U.S. marine or a member of ISIS, or whatever else.

I think we have to let go of this con that we buy into that 'humanity is by nature both good and bad.' I believe it's only because we have lived in a dominated world for all of our history that we are aggressive back.

And it's for that reason that, as hard as it is sometimes, I have faith and hope that that miracle really will happen.

I like to make things simple in this Kafka inspired world we've ended up living in. To me, it's this simple: we get the numbers, we take away their powers. We build Eden project like greenhouses in every community, where each one works for their food. We spend our taxes on renewable energy sources and clean water. We replace our values of this sick society we buy into with new ways of thinking and being.

If you could ask the world:
'Do you want peace?' Y/N
'Do you believe in defending but not invading?' Y/N
'Do you believe that everyone should have basic needs of shelter, water, food and warmth?' Y/N
Etc.

I'm betting on goodness coming through. But we don't ask such questions in politics. Instead we ask about immigration and 'defence' and minimum wage and the state of our roads...

Just visualise what a world it could be if we all just stopped and started again.

And, Edwward, I am serious about giving women a turn.

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments James wrote: "ISIS seems like yet another fabricated enemy ala Al Qaeda
And indeed there is already much evidence to support this theory

There have always been evil doers...terrorists, dictators, are all over ..."

Re; the Congo. Yep, we don't half choose who we invade and fight.

message 25: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments The peaceful revolution is already underway, guys
It's totally going to happen
Big Brother underestimated Little Brother

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments 'Fuck Plato'. Good name for a band.

message 27: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments CondeleezA Rice, Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin
3 women who seem to love war

Otherwise I agree we need more women to the fore
But the right sort

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments James wrote: "CondeleezA Rice, Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin
3 women who seem to love war

Otherwise I agree we need more women to the fore
But the right sort"

Yeah, whenever I've talked about women in power before, Thatcher is usually brought up by some right wing twat as a glowing example.
Yes, James, we need the right sort of women. I mean Thatcher was about as masculine as a woman could be!

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments And thanks Edward!

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments And, James, did you have to remind me of Sarah Palin? I'd somehow finally forgotten all about those episodes of her prime time gaffs!

message 31: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments Was Thatcher a woman?
Could've fooled me.
At least Sarah Palin looks the part!

message 32: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine if women ruled the world it would be a better place! lol :) you men...all you want to do is beat each other up and win the prize! where's the prize if everyone is gone!

message 33: by Mikhayla (new) - added it

Mikhayla Gracey Very well said Harry. If the vast majority where given the vote they would choose peace, and well-being for all people. I also see we agree to the method in getting there. We start with non-violent resistance. We simply do the right thing regardless of their ranting. However, power is not seceded without a fight, and I do believe in self defense.

James, thank you so much for pointing out that human atrocities are being committed in countries all over the world, and all human atrocities need to be addressed, regardless of how remote and seemingly inconsequential the community may seem. We should stand for the oppressed in Africa and Tibet, as well as the middle east, but we should start in our own countries.

Edward, you are clearly aware of the more beautiful and influential sacred stories that lead to peace. Sharing the story of the White Buffalo woman is a great weapon against evil that rallies ignorant hatreds between categories of people. Sharing our stories and refusing to be swayed to hate without reason, learning to respect the sacred stories of others will be a huge weapon in the arsenal of peace makers.

Cheers to all of you!

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments See Mikhayla? We can get on now, so let's help the world do the same! :)

Let's change the world with love in action.

message 35: by Mikhayla (new) - added it

Mikhayla Gracey It's good to have a team here, all with the same objective. Chin up Edward. I have a survivor friend who likes to share a mime often on Facebook of a pack of lions and the words, (something like), "I like to roam with others with the same mission." All we need is an organized group with an all inclusive mission. World Peace is a pretty good mission statement. After all, look at the unlikely bunch James has managed to rally together on this thread. We just need to organize and build the numbers. We need to agree to remove from positions of power any who contribute to violence and war. (ISIS in the Middle East, the Chinese Military police in Tibet, the British, American, and ...intelligence agencies who have assumed the right to use secret Nazi based mind control projects, using innocent citizens as subjects to be tortured with the excuse that "war is grim business." -(George Estabrooks) War is not an excuse to engage in human atrocities. Human atrocities in the name of war is a legitimate reason to eliminate war.

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments Mikhayla wrote: "It's good to have a team here, all with the same objective. Chin up Edward. I have a survivor friend who likes to share a mime often on Facebook of a pack of lions and the words, (something like), ..."

Completely agree with you Mikhayla- especially the bit about the unlikely bunch of oddballs such a group as this connects. :-) Warm wishes to you Mikhayla. And you Edward- we're gonna change the world don't you know.
And it's great to see so many new members coming aboard 'n' all.

A vague idea occurred to me the other day- why couldn't 'the people' set up their own 'shadow government' online? There would be clear objectives of things like: redistributing wealth, making sure everyone has food/water etc. You know the stuff.
I'm thinking of it like a social site like Goodreads/Facebook, where you can vote on topics in a range of categories for whatever's important to you. The votes then make up the party's policy, as long as they concur with the peaceful and equality based objectives.
Anyone can put themselves up to be the 'online politicians' (or moderators) that the rest of us vote for. And we get to vote on every major issue: Do you believe our taxes should be spent on nuclear weapons? Do you think everyone should have an at least living wage? Etc.

Obviously just the beginnings of an idea, where much thought would have to be put into it, if it was to ever go into practice. But if it did, and it attracted the numbers then...

What's anyone reckon?

And I often think: why do we have such dickheads as George Osbourne dictating the finances of a country, when we could have the best economists instead. Why do we have Tony Blair as a peace envoy instead of a Buddhist philosopher. Etc. That's the kind of people I'd like to see in power- people who want goodness for the people, in all its forms, and they know how to do it.

message 37: by James, Group Founder (last edited Dec 05, 2014 02:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments Mikhayla wrote: "It's good to have a team here, all with the same objective..."

Why do you assume we are all on the same team, Mikhayla? Remember I have already been accused by a few conspiracy theorists of being an "Illuminati puppet" and "Illuminati double-agent" who is infiltrating conspiracy circles and secretly working for the bad guys by releasing "disinformation".

And I have not officially denied any of this yet ;)

p.s. I am glad you've stopped mentioning the need for one more world war! Because if you didn't, I was going to suggest you revise the lyrics of a famous song to the following: "What the world needs now, is war, sweet, war."

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments Of course my plan is to have a splinter group from Underground Knowledge, taking supporters away from the Morcans to create my new peace disguised World Domination Party... ;)

message 39: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments Harry wrote: "Of course my plan is to have a splinter group from Underground Knowledge, taking supporters away from the Morcans to create my new peace disguised World Domination Party... ;)"

I knew we had an infiltrator!

But seriously, Harry, I think your idea is basically the future, but possibly on a larger scale than you suggest. Rather than one site, I think it'd be many different sites in many different countries and in various languages.

But I definitely think you're onto something and this kinda relates to what I posted elsewhere in the group about "Little Brother" eventually usurping Big Brother at his own game via technology.

message 40: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2876 comments Harry wrote: "Of course my plan is to have a splinter group from Underground Knowledge, taking supporters away from the Morcans to create my new peace disguised World Domination Party... ;)"

Sounds like a plan!

message 41: by Mikhayla (last edited Dec 08, 2014 11:41AM) (new) - added it

Mikhayla Gracey Hi James, you are so right. There most certainly will be those who will argue that the global elite, and Underground Knowledge participants, are reptilian humanoid leaders of the Illuminati. And I will continue to argue openly that their argument is dangerously close to the agenda of the Illuminati, from it's very foundation; to dismantle governments in order to replace them with their own (Nazi) hierarchy. Let them rant. Once the vote comes in, and they identify themselves as not being suitable to the "Word Domination Party," they can be invited to find a party more suitable to their objectives. At least on this thread, "War, what is it good for, absolutely nothin'" there seems to be an agreement that peace is a better option. I may have seemed to be a warmonger. I most certainly am not. All I am saying is that if we start this Underground Knowledge party of peaceful word domination, you can be sure that there will be those who prefer to rule the world through violence and extremist violations of the rights of others in the name of (Allah, God...). They will surely not sit still for our plotting. What do you imagine their response might be to demanding that they stop their stupidity and learn to play nicely with others?

Harry, yes I have considered a whole new world peace sort of party. I'm sure there will be those who accuse me, and you, and the rest of us of from this Underground Knowledge conspiracy group, of conspiring to create a "New World Order" even if we call it a "One World Order." What do you suppose our response should be to these objectors?

Edward, what a great idea! The idea of world peace should be expanded, and expanded....

message 42: by Mikhayla (new) - added it

Mikhayla Gracey Exactly Edward, they hit me (us) first. So giving peace a chance means deciding what our response should be to being hit. Where do we draw the line? We cannot allow violence to continue. Is telling them to stop being mean bullies enough? Do you suppose John Lennon would allow himself to be beat to death, shot... if he could have fought back and avoided it? As an advocate of non-violent resistance I would be willing to be gunned down, in a crowed of people witnessing the injustice, but I cannot in good conscience allow innocent others to suffer at the hands of the ignorant. Fighting back is different than starting a fight, but it is still war.

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments "An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind."

“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

Let's not concern ourselves with 'what happens if we have to fight back' type scenarios.

A new peace movement should be as non-violent as possible, but of course it is everyone's right to respond to any given subjective situation as they see fit. Let's not worry or speculate on such things at such an early stage. Specifics will sort themselves out in time, as any course of action will inevitably be organic and take its own direction. We the people just have to remember what we want and what we stand for. If we stand for non-violence etc., then we simply act that way. Of course it's worrying to imagine Tiananmen Square massacre type situations, so let's not imagine them. It's time to stop living in fear. It's time for everyone to realise that they have the power and the means. But we need to be organised. Groups need to come together. Greenpeace, Amnesty, Occupy, conspiracy believers, alternative media...

We should approach the new world as though we were landing on Mars and building a new society based on new principles, completely throwing the book out the window. Start again. Base society on different values. We should also approach it as though the human race are all one big family. If your brothers and sisters were hungry or homeless or ill or caught in a war or ... would you not want to help them? We ARE all brothers and sisters.

Love in action can change the world.

I'm currently studying for tests, so I have eff all time to rant further at present, but let's really have a discussion about how to change the world. How would we do it when plenty don't want it? Even though they would if they knew it was possible. Of course peace movements are nothing new, but my earlier suggestion is basically taking into account the obvious thing that is: this internet age. For the first time in human history, peace groups/people from all over the world can come together and get organised, because of the internet. So why the hell aren't we using it more in aid of peace? (Before new exclusions come in very soon- and of course places like China might be difficult to get involved.) Well, we are using it for peace, but it's scattered. As I said, all we need to do is come together. Then we have the numbers. Then we have a discourse about how we're gonna go about things. Then we implement it with things like taking our money away from bankers, media, politicians, dictators, big business and so on.

At this stage, all we need to do is believe a peaceful world is possible. Everything that exists in our human world once started out as thoughts and ideas.

And let's not be ashamed or embarrassed in talking about such significant things as love.

Love, peace and blessings to you all.

message 44: by James, Group Founder (last edited Dec 10, 2014 10:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments If I may offer an observation here...
Possibly the peace vs. war debate in this thread is mixing apples with oranges and misunderstandings are occurring.

I think everyone in this group wants peace. And yes, the aforementioned examples given about defending oneself or others in a personal situation are all completely excusable uses of violence.

But on a wider scale I think what Harry said about employing the non-violent approach is the ONLY way to create lasting changes in society. Once you resort to violence you have become exactly the same as the violent oppressors and they have won by forcing you down to their animalistic level.

Trying to achieve peace by one more war is like saying terrorists can be defeated by terrorizing other nations in the charade they call the War on Terror.

For me, Jim Morrison said it best when he sung "They got the guns, but we got the numbers."

Once enough individuals realize the power of numbers and this social activism movement hits critical mass or a tipping point, then the entire house of cards that is the global elite will immediately fall. It'll be surprisingly effortless, a bit like how the Berlin Wall fell down one day when few were expecting it to ever happen.

It's similar to what Gandhi said during the time of the British Raj: "100,000 Englishmen simply cannot control 350 million Indians, if those Indians refuse to cooperate."

This concept that the 1% (the elite rulers) are far too powerful for the 99% (the common people) is completely illusory. It's a fear-based belief promoted by many in conspiracy circles and is accepted by most as absolute fact even though the united numbers approach has never been attempted.

How do we know until we try?

Remember, before Gandhi came along most Indians thought it was pointless to even try to oppose the British and seek Indian independence. And the British Empire was one of the most powerful empires in the history of the Earth.

So are we all internalizing similar beliefs that prevent us from even trying to create a fairer world?

message 45: by James, Group Founder (last edited Dec 10, 2014 10:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments I also think John Lennon was onto something when he tried to form a unorthodox peace campaign during the Vietnam War asking everyone to put up signs in public places all over the US, Canada and the UK saying "The War is Over". These signs were meant to be like an announcement that peace has been restored (even though it hadn't).

Unfortunately not enough people got behind the campaign or seemed to understand where Lennon was coming from. But I think that unusual idea might be sound because when a big enough percentage of people stop giving credence to certain fear-based issues - whether they be terrorism, illegal aliens or Communism - it makes it very difficult if not impossible for politicians to maintain their grip of control over the public.

So what if "War on Terror is over" signs were placed in virtually every public place? And then people started viewing the news reports as fiction. The subject may soon go off politicians' agendas as they'd realize voters no longer care about it.

It's a bit like saying "Yes, we know you bastards in power are engaging in yet another war, but we won't even spend a second considering it let alone voting on such issues."

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments Edward, you wrote an extremely good piece, and on another day, with another head set on, it would be easy for me to agree with you. But then I remember that that's what it's all about. Changing one's mindset. Not basing opinions on propaganda histories and ideas of natural human being behaviour and so on. Look to the future not the past.

James, spot on mate.
As you say, it really is as simple as seeing it as only 1% need to be toppled for the whole house of cards to fall. It's really fucking easy. We even know who most of them are.

I love that Lennon's posters idea.
I often think if we just all got the whole world simultaneously singing something like Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life or something, or making wars illegal and replacing conflicts with football, it might help.

message 47: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2876 comments Harry wrote: "Edward, you wrote an extremely good piece, and on another day, with another head set on, it would be easy for me to agree with you. But then I remember that that's what it's all about. Changing one..."

Harry - I was with you until you mentioned "replacing conflicts with football"... Can't help thinking about all those football hooligans as I hum "Always look on the bright side..." -Keep those Pomme gems coming mate!

message 48: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11362 comments The war is over, Ed.
Big Brother is dying.
The Revolution has begun!

message 49: by Harry (last edited Dec 12, 2014 10:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments Edward said: "One simple question; Why would they ever capitulate to a force that cannot take them out?"

Easy. Because they need us. Why do you think the kings and queens need their people? Because without the people they would not be kings and queens. They need us to work for them in any capacity that you want to mention, such as clearing their gutters, growing their food, cutting their hair, making their clothes and a million more examples.
If they wanted us all dead, they could have easily done it by now.

"To hope for a resurrection is fantastic."

There is one happening, we just haven't named it yet. The '60s hippy approach didn't conquer, but it blended into our society and changed it for the better, and it's still here and kicking ass.

"You say it. Are you sure you can live it?"

Yes.

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments Lance wrote: "Harry wrote: "Edward, you wrote an extremely good piece, and on another day, with another head set on, it would be easy for me to agree with you. But then I remember that that's what it's all about..."

Actually (despite being a Brit) I bloody hate football. Just thought it was a silly but good example of how easily having a completely new mindset approach to things could work.

« previous 1 3