The Next Best Book Club discussion

Personal Reading Goals > Jo's TBR List Mission

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (last edited Nov 12, 2009 08:07AM) (new)

Jo This is my list of books from my TBR list. Its not all of them but its the ones i own and the ones i want to read most. I intend to cross them off as read them in the hope of getting my TBR list down to a more reasonable size!!

In no particular order....

Salems Lot
The Time Travelers Wife
Dead until Dark
The Bell Jar
The Great Gatsby
Paint It Black
White Oleander
A Million Little Pieces
The Awakening
The Reckoning
Sineater
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Choke
Fight Club
The Stand
Stardust
The Eye of The Moon
The Book With No Name
Fragment
The House Next Door
Apathy and Other Small Victories
Perfect Chemistry
The Road
The Fellowship of The Ring
The Two Towers
Return of The King
Lolita
The Memory Keepers Daughter
My Sisters Keeper
Middlesex
Lovely Bones
One
Doing It
Hater
Labyrinth
I am Legend
Interview With A Vampire
Dracula
A Certain Age (Pure)
The Gargoyle
Bitten
The Van Alen Legacy
Eyes Like Stars
Parasite Positive (Peeps)
The Last Days
Uglies
Hunger Games
Try Me
Ghost World
Ritual
Legacy
High Stakes
Hunted
Lulluby
Do The Creepy Thing
Vampire Academy
City of Bones

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments I love it!!! There are many that I have read and all of them were excellent. You have a few that are classics and almost all the rest are on my TBR list!!!
I am really looking forward to your reviews and/or comments as you go along.
Happy reading, Jo!

message 3: by Smash (new)

Smash (smash_attack) Wow Jo! Those are some stellar reads! I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife along with you now. You will need to let me know when you start I Am Legend, as I just got it used. You will also really enjoy the Great Gatsby and The Bell Jar - phenomenal books. And The Stand is one crazy read!

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo Thanks you two :) I am really excited about working my way through them!

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris .

I just finished this book and i thought it was pretty good. It kept me guessing until the end and i like that in a book. I think i would give it 4 stars as it could have been better but it could have been worse

One down lots to go!!

message 6: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 19, 2009 12:15PM) (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Jo, do you have the whole Sookie series? It really is great fun when you can read the whole story in order. By the way, do you watch 'True Blood' on HBO? It's pretty terrific!!!

message 7: by Smash (new)

Smash (smash_attack) True Blood is a fantastic show and it's pretty interesting to see the differences in the plot of the books and where they take the show. :)

message 8: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Ashley wrote: "True Blood is a fantastic show and it's pretty interesting to see the differences in the plot of the books and where they take the show. :)"

I agree, sometimes I think the show loses the impact when they alter the books, such as the MaryAnn character, but last Sunday with Godrick and Sookie had me in tears. It was very well acted and quite moving, I thought.

message 9: by Smash (last edited Aug 19, 2009 03:02PM) (new)

Smash (smash_attack) Last week's show had us all in tears! The last 5 minutes was serious. I am hoping that next season takes the show down the Sookie/Eric road. The train seems to be headed that way! *toot toot* :D

message 10: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments I LOVE SOOKIE/ERIC!!! So much more than Crappy Bill...LOL!!!
That's why the books are so great ... ( aaahhh spoiler ) because we don't have to deal with you-no-who so much, yes?!

:)

message 11: by Jo (new)

Jo I havent seen the show. I live in the UK and its on a channel that i dont get :( I havent brought the other books in the series but i plan on doing it once i have my list down a bit

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol (caroldias) Suzanne wrote: "I agree, sometimes I think the show loses the impact when they alter the books, such as the MaryAnn character, but last Sunday with Godrick and Sookie had me in tears. It was very well acted and quite moving, I thought."

Ahhh don´t talk about it! That scene was tears all over

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo I finished Salems Lot

I really liked this book but it took a long time to get into. A big amount of the book was dedicated to the storytelling of the everyday life in 'Salems Lot. The action was near the end and even then it felt like it was padded out with needless details. But the story was very well told and maintained a creepy feel throughout. I enjoyed reading it and look forward to reading more of Stephen Kings work

message 14: by Jo (new)

Jo I finished The Time Travelers Wife.

I loved this book so much! It was romantic but in a good way. I dont like cheesy, predictable romance stories. I loved Henry, i thought his character was really loveable and he was cool too. It took a while to get into which i think was mostly because of the way it was written but once i got into i was hooked. When i finished it i wanted to go back to the start and read it again!

message 15: by Jo (new)

Jo I finished White Oleander

I really liked this one, it was so good! It was really nicely written and very poetic. I loved Astrid, she was very strong even though she didnt feel it. Its a heartbreaking story but well worth reading

message 16: by Dionisia (new)

Dionisia (therabidreader) | 332 comments Jo wrote: "I havent seen the show. I live in the UK and its on a channel that i dont get :( I havent brought the other books in the series but i plan on doing it once i have my list down a bit "

I do not have cable so I watch all my True Blood episodes online...along with the other premium cable shows I love. I use www.sidereel.com

message 17: by Jo (new)

Jo Thanks Dionisia

message 18: by Jo (new)

Jo Finished Peeps

It was a fun, quick read. Nothing too complex or heavy be an enjoyable read non the less. I would recommend it to fans of YA vampire lit

message 19: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments There are 2 or 3 new Charlaine Harris hard covers coming out. I'm not sure which one is 'True Blood' or if all of them are!!!
The last episode is Sunday the 13th!!! The actress who plays 'Tara' was interviewed on 'Chelsea Lately' and she said the ending is '...bittersweet'. aaahhhhhh!!!!! I think someone is going to die and I really hope it's Maryann!!!!

message 20: by Jo (new)

Jo I finished The Bell Jar

I really liked this. It was sad and lovely at the same time. It was all the more interesting because it was based on the authors real life. I find books about broken people quite interesting.

message 21: by Jo (new)

Jo I finished Hunger Games

I got completely hooked by this book! It was so good! It was very original and creative. It was very sad in parts and brutal in other parts but there was also some happiness in the book and i loved the main character and some of the others too.

message 22: by Jo (new)

Jo I negelected this list a bit so i just went back and crossed off the ones i have read.

message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jo wrote: "I finished The Bell Jar

I really liked this. It was sad and lovely at the same time. It was all the more interesting because it was based on the authors real life. I find books about broken peop..."

I like them too Jo. I look forward to reading The Bell Jar.

message 24: by Jo (new)

Jo I hope you enjoy it!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dead Until Dark (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Charlaine Harris (other topics)