Book Review Club discussion

Interested in testing a narrative-development app?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Sep 03, 2018 10:10PM) (new)

Chris Angelis Dear fellow authors,

I’ve almost completed the alpha version of a narrative-development Android app, Narrative Nods, that helps writers understand the character- and narrative dynamics of their novel, then pick appropriate structures and endings. The app works so that it takes into consideration a vast number of variables from information you provide about characters, structure, and the overall story goal, and then it creates narrative possibilities ("nods") that assist you in selecting dynamic, sense-making plots. Then the app – helped by my academic background in literature ;) – evaluates whether there are inconsistencies or other issues in character- and narrative development, and gives you tips on how to improve these areas.

Here’s a couple of screenshots to give you an idea (and yes, if the book title seems familiar, it’s one of mine)

However, I would really, really have use for some feedback from other authors. So I’m looking for volunteers to test the alpha version. Here’s a great opportunity for you to try a narrative-development software entirely for free!

If this sounds great, send me a private message with the email address associated with your Android phone. Google Play Store will then send you an email with a private link so that you can install the app directly from the Google Play Store (this works only when you follow the link sent by Google, because the app is not released yet).

Note that the app requires Android 4.4 KitKat or newer. I will also kindly ask you to fill in a short (3-4 minutes) survey after you use the app.

Any questions or clarifications, send me a message and I’d be glad to answer. If for some reason you can’t send me a Goodreads message, you can also use apps{at}homeforfiction.com
Thanks!

message 2: by Wyborn (last edited Dec 16, 2018 04:14AM) (new)

Wyborn Senna (WybornSenna) | 213 comments Chris wrote: "Dear fellow authors,

I’ve almost completed the alpha version of a narrative-development Android app, Narrative Nods, that helps writers understand the character- and narrative dynamics of their no..."

Chris,
Now I regret having an iPhone. LOL! Any way you can use the app on a Mac or Windows-based computer instead of a phone?
Cheers!
--WS (wybornsenna@gmail.com)

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Angelis Hi,

Thanks so much for your interest! I'm afraid however that the app can't be used on a Mac or Windows. At the moment, it's only available for Android phones, through the Play Store

Chris

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Peters (scott_peters) Hi Chris,
It sounds quite interesting, I would like to try it out. I have an Android phone. bestdayeverbooks at gmail
Scott

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Angelis Hi Scott,
Thanks for your interest! You can simply get the app straight from the Play Store link (there is no longer an alpha version, the app is already in production)