What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Novel about teenagers and occult

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana Faillace | 10 comments Can’t remember the name of this book that I read in paperback about a brother and sister who were coming of age and had mixed emotions about being inducted in their family’s occult group. I read this around 1990...about 350 pages...think an Aleister Crowley type character was in it...think a woman wrote it but can’t for the life of me remember the title or anything more. Any ideas?

message 2: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments Heartlight, Witchlight, or Ghostlight by Marion Zimmer Bradley, perhaps?

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Heartlight
Witchlight
Ghostlight

links for stormhawk's suggestions.

message 4: by Diana (new)

Diana Faillace | 10 comments No...it was not a Zimmer Bradley novel... the teenagers are spending the summer somewhere at an aunts? They are becoming of age to become initiated in their families occult group

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments Can you explain more about the occult-like things the family did? Did they contact the dead, cast spells, etc?

Part of a series?
Time period/location the story takes place?
Was this for teens or adults?

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Faillace | 10 comments Unfortunately, I don’t remember. I believe the children thought they were a normal family and then they discover that they have this occult heritage...

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
Diana, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (daisyporter) | 904 comments Long shot: The Headless Cupid?