What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Romance (Erotica?) Young woman sends love letter to crush, crush's father responds, heroine discovers deception at a masquerade

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Sep 03, 2018 07:36PM) (new)

Jackie | 2 comments Fairly sure I read this back in 2010/early 2011.

The story is about a young woman who sends a letter to her crush but - surprise! - the letter actually ends up in the hands of his father, I believe because father and son have the exact same name. Anyway, it turns out the father is secretly in love with the heroine and, although he knows the letter was intended for his son, decides to respond, asking the young woman to meet him at a masquerade.

Looking back, I'm 80% positive this was not a standalone novel, but part of a group of interconnected short stories. Also about 50% positive it took place in France, though possibly England.

Oh, and I read it as an ebook.

Thanks!

message 2: by Jewell (new)

Jewell Ashley | 4 comments I don't know the name of it. But it sounds like a awesome book.

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana Faillace | 10 comments Mask of the Enchantress by Victoria Holt?

message 4: by Rosa (new)

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 2 comments No, that’s not it. Sounds interesting though!

message 6: by Froggirl (new)

Froggirl | 24 comments Hope someone can find this book. Sounds like something I would like to read

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Jackie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Robin (new)

Robin | 3 comments It sounds so interesting! If you have discovered the book title, please share, I’d love to read it!