Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Basara, Vol. 1
This topic is about Basara, Vol. 1
Monthly Reads > Basara Discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2026 comments Mod
Basara is a post-apocalyptic fantasy adventure series and one of the most popular shôjo manga of the 90s in Japan. It is the story of how a young girl becomes "the child of destiny" and finds the strength to free her people and seek revenge for the death of her brother.

Discuss Basara here!

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2026 comments Mod
So how are you guys liking Basara? I ordered it a while ago, but it seems to have gotten lost in the library system lol

Marajean | 58 comments I absolutely love Basara. I actually bought the membership for Barnes and Noble because I was buying all the volumes as they were released.

It starts it doors in my opinion. I actually really didn't like the beginning with her first mission if you will as Tatara. But right around the blue king arc I was completely invested in them. I really like that it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine and happiness and goodness when the secret was out and it didn't end there.

I read these again periodically but it's such a long running and vested series that it's not something I read often.

I really wish the anime would be remade and complete the series, it basically ended right when it was getting good.