Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 1
This topic is about Kimi ni Todoke
Monthly Reads > Kimi ni Todoke Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2026 comments Mod
Sawako Kuronuma is the perfect heroine...for a horror movie. With striking similarities to a haunting movie character--jet-black hair, sinister smile and silent demeanor--she's mistakenly called Sadako by those around her. But behind her scary façade is a very misunderstood teenager. Too shy to fit in, all she wants to do is make some friends. But when the most popular boy in class befriends her, she's sure to make more than just that--she's about to make some enemies too!

Discuss Kimi ni Todoke here!

Mrs. Darcy or Mrs. Columbo? One of my favorites series, Love!

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2026 comments Mod
Mrs. Darcy or Mrs. Columbo? wrote: "One of my favorites series, Love!"

I liked this series for a while, but as it kept going and going, I started getting a little tired. I guess Inuyasha Syndrome can happen to long-running shoujo series too. ^^;;;

Who is your favorite character, by the way? I really like Sawako and her social awkwardness early on. And her friends Ayane and Chizuru because they remind me a bit of friends I have IRL.

Mrs. Darcy or Mrs. Columbo? I actually really like the whole cast of characters, hence why it's one of my favorite series. I can't recall any characters that I disliked, but Ayane would probably be my least favorite. Her character is needed in the ensemble, and she did grow on me as we got further in the series.

Sawako is my favorite character, but then I actually really like all of the guys. The author did a great job of pairing up the couples who were similar yet different in their own unique ways. They clicked, but still had room for improvement to develope and grow themselves and each other. I really liked Chiyake's partner, the one who plays baseball. He is perfect for her, and I think he is so adorable.

Their teacher is also my favorite. Childish and "clueless", but always there when it really counts!