Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Let's Get Specific! > Author Linnea Sinclair

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Athena (new)

Athena (athenaweeena) | 10 comments Mod
I'm am loving Linnea Sinclair's books. Well written. Anyone else happen to read her stuff yet?

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Macatee | 12 comments I've read Games of Command recently. I won an autographed copy in a contest. It was fantastic! I bought a few more of her books, but haven't had the chance to read them yet.

message 3: by Athena (new)

Right now I'm reading The Down Home Zombie Blues. ^_^

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan Macatee | 12 comments Athena wrote: "Right now I'm reading The Down Home Zombie Blues. ^_^"

I read the first chapter of that at the back of Games of Command and have it on my wish list. Sounds awesome!

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella Drake (elladrake) | 26 comments Games of Command is my favorite of hers, but I truly enjoyed them all. Can't go wrong with any of them. From reading other discussions, I know that many of her fans put Gabriel's Ghost at the top of the list.

message 6: by Athena (new)

I have that one on hold right now at the librar.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Macatee | 12 comments I have Gabriel's Ghost on my wish list at Barnes and Noble online. I already have the next two books in that series for want to read GG first.

message 8: by Missy~ (new)

Missy~ (missyc323) | 2 comments Linnea Sinclair is my very favorite sci-fi romance author. The only one not on my keeper shelf is 'down home zombie blues' which i could not get into for some reason.
But all others are quite wonderful.
I truly can't decide if Game's of Command or Gabriels Ghost is my top pick. I have reread both several times.
Probably Games of Command if I had to chose because I simply love Branden Kel-Paten.
Sully too, but I think.. Bran a bit more.

message 9: by Missy~ (new)

Missy~ (missyc323) | 2 comments eta...I am so excited about the new dock 5 book coming out next week.
This one features two new characters, but the hero is the brother of Phillip Guthrie.

message 10: by Sej (new)

Sej (sejrose) | 6 comments First book I read was Finders Keepers and I've been wanting to read more cause it was really good! I love the spaceships, tough heroines, hilarious dialogues, etc!

I'm reading Games of Command now and it's been a ride! Very hard to put down.

Next up is Gabriel's Ghost and onwards to Dock 5 Universe! I'm already anticipating reading about the Guthrie bros!

message 11: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 44 comments She's on my list of to try author's so I'm glad to hear she's good.

message 12: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 9 comments Branden Kel-Paten... ohlala.. he's on my all-time-favorite-heros list. I loved Games of Command!

message 13: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Green (laurieagreen) | 146 comments I vote for Branden Kel-Paten, too.

But Gabriel "Sully" Sullivan is a close second.

And I'm more than a bit partial to Philip Guthrie. And his brother, Devin.

Heck, I haven't met a hero in a Linnea Sinclair novel I didn't like.

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan Macatee | 12 comments I'll second that! I've just started reading Finders, Keepers.

message 15: by Sej (new)

Sej (sejrose) | 6 comments When is the next Dock 5 Universe coming out??! That last book ended in a cliffhanger darn it!

Susan - Finders Keepers was the first book I read by her and it was soooo soooo good! You're in for a treat! I envy you.

message 16: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 334 comments I've got about 6 of her books. Hopefully I can get to them in August. I've heard so much good stuff about her.

message 17: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments I'm slowly collecting all of her books.

message 18: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments Did you know Down Home Zombie Blues was optioned for film? I'm a big fan. Love all her books. They are re-readable. (REBELS AND LOVERS released in April, I think. It's last Dock Five for now.)

message 19: by Sej (new)

Sej (sejrose) | 6 comments Hmm maybe Linnea can tell us if any more books are coming out in that universe. Cause things are open ended, the War has just started!

So there will be no movie based on DHZB? I think it'll do well for a movie.

message 20: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments From what I understand, it depends on what her agent can negotiate with her publisher. REBELS AND LOVERS was her last contracted book. I hope they keep it going, but it all depends on sales of the past books. And whether they see a future in the series. how major publishers pick books baffles me. I just know I love her books and I buy them in both print and kindle and recommend there everywhere I can, so she can keep writing!

DHZB should be a really fun movie, but it was also picked because it is an Earth setting, so it won't cost as much to film. I expect the current hotness of zombies didn't hurt either. (grin)

message 21: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Green (laurieagreen) | 146 comments I think I just glimpsed something in passing about her next title, but can't recall the name now. Maybe it's on her website?

TDHZB will make an excellent movie, IMHO. CSI Miami meets Star Wars.

message 22: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments The next title she is promoting is a short story in an anthology releasing this fall.

message 23: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 67 comments She's in my TBR pile. I can't wait to check out Games of Command because I love cyborg heroes!

message 24: by Sej (new)

Sej (sejrose) | 6 comments Me too. I'm trying to think of other cyborg heroes I've read...

message 25: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments Oh, I just read Gabriel's Ghost recently, and I loved it! Gabriel is sooo sweet!

I didn't realize she wrote about the Guthries!! That will be fun to read. An older hero is so rare. I like that he wasn't the villain in GG just because he was The Ex.

I didn't know she wrote a cyborg hero either! That is great! I haven't read much SFR yet, so I haven't come across many, but I'd love to explore that pov.

Btw, can anyone tell me if there's a book about Ren? I love him to pieces. <3

message 26: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments here's scoop on upcoming release:

COURTING TROUBLE, a new adventure by Linnea Sinclair, coming Nov 2010 in SONGS OF LOVE & DEATH (edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois): www.linneasinclair.com

Death threats he could handle. But Serri Beck was trouble—a seriously unexpected complication. And one that made his chest go tight and his breath hitch.

message 27: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments So, the Dock 5 series, can anyone list the best order to read the books?

The only book of Linnea's I don't have is Shades of Dark.

I just read the first few pages of Rebels and Lovers but I've heard one of the characters, Phillip, is the hero of another book and I don't want spoilers. LOL.

message 28: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments Gabriel's Ghost
Shades of Dark
Hope's Folly
Rebels and Lovers

;-D

message 29: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments Thanks, Pauline! Darn, I don't have Shades.

Guess I shouldn't start with Rebels, then, lol.

message 30: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments Hope's Folly is Phillip's Story. You can read it w/o reading Shades, IMHO.

message 31: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments You meet him in Gabriel's Ghost! :D

message 32: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments I hear (from the author) there will be one more Sully/Chaz story. Sigh, but at least there will be one more!

message 33: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments Thank you all! I used to have an e-copy of Gabriel's but with all the computer crashes I've had I need to buy it again. No biggie. I just wish I could get the original print cover.

message 34: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments The only thing I didn't like about the old cover was that it didn't do Ren justice. He's awesome. He should have his own book.

message 35: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments Really? I like the sf aspect.

message 36: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments Yeah, Ren should be hotter, LOL. But I agree, the sf aspect to the old cover is pretty cool. :)

message 37: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments the new covers have less sf, that it is true. maybe we should start a cover art thread.

message 38: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments Good idea, Pauline! :)

message 39: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments Thought you might like to see the video for Linnea's upcoming novella release:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.p...

http://www.linneasinclair.com/songs.h...

either link should take you to it.

message 40: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments Ooooh, cool! Thanks, Pauline! That was good. I love a good book trailer! It has the same effect on me as a good cover, LOL. If only it wasn't a novella. I find them so unsatisfying, LOL.

message 41: by Mandapanda (new)

Mandapanda | 82 comments This anthology looks fabulous! What a great idea to put a mix of SFR SF and fantasy together. It can only increase the profile of SFR with new readers.
Songs of Love and Death Tales of Star-Crossed Love by George R.R. Martin

message 42: by new_user (last edited Aug 12, 2010 12:49PM) (new)

new_user | 755 comments That's true! It's a good way for SFR to get more exposure. They need a completely SFR anthology too, so it doesn't seem like the SFR stories mixed in with the urban fantasies are just accidents/odd.

message 43: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 334 comments Mandy wrote: "This anthology looks fabulous! What a great idea to put a mix of SFR SF and fantasy together. It can only increase the profile of SFR with new readers.
[bookcover:Songs of Love and Death: Tales of..."

I had preordered this. Can't wait until it comes out.

message 44: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments I put it on my wish list, in hopes of a kindle edition appearing.

message 45: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 15 comments I've only read the 1st three books of her Dock 5 Universe series, but I consider myself a fan. I have a huge crush on Sully.

I'm currently working on collecting all her books.

message 46: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Green (laurieagreen) | 146 comments I always wondered why Linnea Sinclair didn't write a series based on the characters in Games of Command. So many readers loved that book and there was a lot of room for continuing their adventure and developing spin-off characters (like Kel-Paten's brother).

But I suppose that was her publisher's call.

message 47: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Stixrude | 36 comments Laurie wrote: "I always wondered why Linnea Sinclair didn't write a series based on the characters in Games of Command. So many readers loved that book and there was a lot of room for continuing their adventure ..."

It may be more of what (or who) is speaking to the author. Perhaps she still will write a sequel or a series with those characters. But the clamor in a writer's head can get deafening. It may be that other characters have simply been clamoring louder.

message 48: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Green (laurieagreen) | 146 comments Ah, good point, Sandra. I've experienced a few of those struggles for dominance myself. :) Though I always got the feeling from her comments that her publisher had no interest in more novels from the GoC universe...and that puzzled me.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) I have only read Finders Keepersof hers so far but have a couple of others in my TBR pile....I really really liked this book and will be starting the others soon

message 50: by AnnaM (last edited Sep 12, 2010 01:04PM) (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments I must be in a minority since GoC is my least favorite so far.

But I adore Gabriel's Ghost. Can't believe I waited so long to read it. I'm planning to read the entire Dock5 series in a row right now.

« previous 1 3