Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading September 3?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2122 comments Mod
Happy September, y'all! Sorry for posting so late, but with the holiday weekend, I sorta forgot. meep!

This week I'm reading Last Chance by R.J. Scott, Flare by Posy Roberts, and Shot To The Heart by Hannah Walker.

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I'm currently reading Not So Nice Guy by R.S. Grey and I'm really enjoying it.

Listening to The Many Sins of Lord Cameron and loving re-reading/listening to this series.

message 3: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 398 comments Just finished More Than Words by Mia Sheridan and I liked but didn't love it. On to Lost and Found Sisters in hardback and You Only Love Twice by Bec McMaster in ebook.

message 4: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1925 comments Mod
Good news! I'm keeping up my reading streak! I read the first two books in Kate Clayborn's Chance of a Lifetime trilogy about three girlfriends who buy a lottery ticket on a whim and end up winning. The trilogy isn't so much about the lotto win, really though since it takes place a year or so after and they keep it pretty quiet. First Beginner's Luck which has a scientist heroine who is keeping her lab tech job she loves only to be approached by a recruiter for a big corporation who want to hire her for big bucks. He in turn is there in his home town taking care of his dad's architectural salvage business while his dad is out of commission from an injury. It's got a great sense of family and friendship and made me cry, something I rarely do with romance. That was followed by Luck of the Draw which pairs another of the lottery winners, who is trying to atone for her past as a lawyer for a drug company by agreeing to a fake engagement to help the brother of someone who died from one of the drugs. It's a little bit more somber but still a fantastic read. I think this is a series you guys would really like.

message 5: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments I'm currently reading The Cruel Prince and I have been binge reading Amy Andrews Sydney Smoke series which I am loving! It is set in Sydney and the heroes are rugby players. I grew up watching rugby so I'm loving it!

message 6: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 398 comments I LOVED both of these books and am looking forward to the 3rd :D

Manda wrote: "Good news! I'm keeping up my reading streak! I read the first two books in Kate Clayborn's Chance of a Lifetime trilogy about three girlfriends who buy a lottery ticket on a whim and end up winning..."

message 7: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 398 comments Both of these series are on my TBR, but I'm going to hold off on The Cruel Prince until more of the books in the series is published. Sometimes, if a series is spread over too long of a period of time for me, I lose interest or forget important details. I'll definitely get to the Sydney Smoke series soon though!

Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I'm currently reading The Cruel Prince and I have been binge reading Amy Andrews Sydney Smoke series which I am loving! It is set in Sydney and the heroes are rugby..."

message 8: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Chocolatesoup wrote: "Both of these series are on my TBR, but I'm going to hold off on The Cruel Prince until more of the books in the series is published. Sometimes, if a series is spread over too long of a period of t..."

I am going to regret reading it so in advance as that happens to me all the time with series books!

message 9: by Manda (new)

Chocolatesoup wrote: "I LOVED both of these books and am looking forward to the 3rd :D

Manda wrote: "Good news! I'm keeping up my reading streak! I read the first two books in Kate Clayborn's Chance of a Lifetime tri..."

Yay! She'd been on my radar for a while--I'd even bought the first book. But I didn't want to risk it in my blah reading mood. Now of course I'm wondering what I was waiting for!

message 10: by Irisheyes (last edited Sep 04, 2018 05:19PM) (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Read the novella Home to Honeymoon Harbor by JoAnn Ross, which is a prequel for her new series. I liked it. So, I decided to get Herons Landing, the first book in the series, and I'm not liking it as much. I'm trying to pinpoint what the issue is - I think she's info-dumping too many facts and introducing too many characters in an effort to set up the series and it's all over the place. That and the H/h aren't catching and keeping my interest.

So, I'm happy to hear about your new series recommendation, Manda and that Chocolatesoup agrees! I'm looking for something to catch my interest. I keep doing re-reads cause nothing new is catching my eye!

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1044 comments I've been reading two Maddison Michaels books, about a sister and brother who find love: The Devilish Duke (sister Sophie); The Elusive Earl (Brother Daniel). Cute but not super.

message 12: by Manda (new)

Irisheyes wrote: "
So, I'm happy to hear about your new series recommendation, Manda and that Chocolatesoup agrees! I'm looking for something to catch my interest. I keep doing re-reads cause nothing new is catching my eye!"

I think they're right up your alley, Irish. They're even set in a smallish town in Northern Virginia. And they're in dual Hero/Heroine POV like NA but with actual adult characters.

message 13: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Manda wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "
So, I'm happy to hear about your new series recommendation, Manda and that Chocolatesoup agrees! I'm looking for something to catch my interest. I keep doing re-reads cause nothi..."

Just started the first one, Manda, and you're right they are right up my alley. I'm liking it so far. Thanks for the rec!

message 14: by Manda (new)

Oh yay! I'm so happy!