Coffee & Books discussion

Discussion Archives > September 2018: The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (last edited Sep 05, 2018 09:45AM) (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2955 comments Mod
Discussion for The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women starts here!

Discussion Questions are below! (hit the show spoiler to see them!)

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 1332 comments I read this a few months back. Fantastic. I'll hold off on any other comments until others have had a chance to read / comment.

message 3: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2955 comments Mod
I also added some discussion questions as well!

message 4: by Margot (last edited Oct 06, 2018 12:25PM) (new)

Margot (margotmontreal) | 164 comments I listened to the audiobook of this incredible story.
I must admit (with shame) that I had never heard about this huge event. It made me cringe my teeth when I listened about how some people (quite a lot of them actually) would not only deny any responsability for the events, but also denied that there was any truth to the women's health problems and all this for money, for their own personal profit.
Those courageous women deserve to be known and recognised for the huge contribution their fight had on the laws protecting labouring people.
I am very grateful to Coffee and Books for putting this book on my list.