Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Recommendations > Reverse Secret Child, Prison Mom, Adoption Romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R. (new)

R. | 1 comments So contemporary secret child(not infant) is my favorite trope. 5 years later second chances and all that.

I have recently read a few books about mother's trying to get back their kids they either gave up for adoption, or lost and encountering a hero on the way. Either the birth father or adopted father is fine by me.

A few of them seem to be centered on fathers who somehow retrieved their children before they were adopted out, unbeknownst to the heroine. However there HAVE to be books out there about mothers who were sent to prison etc.

So anyone have any recommendations on this reverse trope? Also willing to take any surprise child recommendations as well(so long as the kid is older than 3, secret infant just doesnt have the same emotional weight and tear jerking).

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Hmm, I don't think I've read anything quite like that before. I skimmed over my single parent shelf but nothing really matched your specifics. Good luck!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel John (racheljohn) | 7 comments The first book in my series has the uncle adopting his niece he never knew about, and the caregiver who comes along as a package deal. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

The Start of Us
The Start of Us (A Change in Plans #1) by Rachel John

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments The only one that comes to mind right now is For Elise by Sarah M Eden. It is a regency romance so I’m not sure if that’s the genre you’re looking for.

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 6 comments You can try "Love Me Again Cowboy" by Torsha Baker. It has a secret child and a second chance romance years later. (The one who knows about and is raising the kid is the dad.)