Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Science Fiction-Romance 102K Completed

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jasper (new)

Jasper Whitted (notafunsucker) | 15 comments Hey, thanks for the interest!

Teaser:

Quinn is an eighteen-year-old Guide who receives his assignment of a Follower, a six-year-old he is given the task of protecting and training during the 25th hour each night as is required by the Midnighters organization. All Quinn wants is to move on from a past that plagues him and find inner peace, to not look in the mirror with complete abhorrence, but when he finally begins to make progress by developing a romantic relationship, he is sucked into an escalating series of events. Quinn is left questioning if perhaps there’s something going on behind the scenes that he never knew about. He unknowingly uncovers deception, hidden motives, and a whole conspiracy he never dreamed existed, all while trying to pilot his way through emotions he’s suppressed for far too long.

About the story:

There’s an urban legend that people born precisely at midnight experience a 25th hour in their day normal people are unaware exists and freeze during; however, contrary to what’s typical—that this extra hour is a time for unsupervised and unpunishable adventure and mischief—my spin on the myth is that the 25th hour is a curse due to violent monsters that attack anyone awake during this time each night. As a result, all Midnighters, those born at midnight who experience the 25th hour, must be taught to survive it starting at age six.

Disclosures:

My completed novel is the first of a science fiction-romance series I call “Midnight’s Curse”. Its specific title is, “Midnight’s Curse: The 25th Hour” and my intended audience is New Adults (late teens-mid-twenties). The book itself is 102,000 words and contains curse words, sex scenes, and violence.

If you’re interested or would like more information, please send me an email to Jwbetareads@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

—JW

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments i am interest. please Pm me