Pleasant Valley Library Online Book Group discussion

The Good Daughter (Good Daughter, #1)
This topic is about The Good Daughter
Book of the Month > September Book - The Good Daughter

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 300 comments Mod
Our book for September is The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter. Post your thoughts on the book here!

Summary: "Two girls are forced into the woods at gunpoint. One runs for her life. One is left behind.

Twenty-eight years ago, Charlotte and Samantha Quinn's happy small-town family life was torn apart by a terrifying attack on their family home. It left their mother dead. It left their father—Pikeville's notorious defense attorney—devastated. And it left the family fractured beyond repair, consumed by secrets from that terrible night.

Twenty-eight years later, Charlotte has followed in her father's footsteps to become a lawyer herself—the ideal good daughter. But when violence comes to Pikeville again, and a shocking tragedy leaves the whole town traumatized, Charlotte is plunged into a nightmare. Not only is she the first witness on the scene, but it's a case that unleashes the terrible memories she's spent so long trying to suppress--because the shocking truth about the crime that destroyed her family nearly thirty years ago won't stay buried forever. Packed with twists and turns, brimming with emotion and heart, The Good Daughter is fiction at its most thrilling."

PugMom (nicoleg76) | 204 comments I'm listening to the audiobook. A bit disturbing in the beginning. Then a lot disturbing later on LOL I alternate between listening to this book and another lighter book. I'm anxious to see how it plays out.

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Wow, Nicole, you weren't kidding. If anyone is adverse to gory traumatic situations, maybe skip this book.

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Courtney (new)

This book was.... a lot to handle. (view spoiler)

PugMom (nicoleg76) | 204 comments Spoiler alert
Yes, I finished it s few days ago. A lot going on. Not only the sisters’ traumatic pasts but the whole crazy shooting at the school. I knew there had to be more going on there than Kelly just grabbing a gun because she was bullied a few years previously.

message 6: by Shirley (new) - added it

Shirley | 37 comments She sure packed a lot in there. Just finished the book. I really enjoyed it as a good thriller. I also identified a lot with the sister dynamics so I felt her character portrayals are very interesting to read. Thanks for recommending the book. I’ll go check out some more of her books.

Sheri Vincent | 51 comments Although at times gory and sad....I did like this book. There was a lot going on and right when you think you know what is going to happen....there is another twist.

PugMom (nicoleg76) | 204 comments Right, I always try to guess what’s going on but I’m usually wrong!

Pleasant Valley Library Online Book Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Good Daughter (other topics)