Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's August 2018

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1657 comments I have no clue why I only read four books. I can't even use my trip to North Carolina as an excuse because I was only there for a few days. But that's ok, I keep getting caught up on some old series!

Murder Gone A-Rye by Nancy J. Parra "4"
Flourless to Stop Him by Nancy J. Parra "4"
To Catch a Witch by Heather Blake "4"
Horse of a Different Killer by Laura Morrigan "5"

message 2: by Melodie (last edited Sep 03, 2018 12:05PM) (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3651 comments They were all good reads, so count doesn't matter! I loved the Call of the Wilde books. Hoped she'd write some more, but no such luck. I really liked To Catch a Witch. There were good things about the Baker's Treat books, but I kind of got tired of being bashed over the head with the "gluten-free" thing. And, yes, I know someone who does have celiac disease so know how bad it can be for them, but for so many the gluten-free thing is the food fad du jour! Also, the grandma in the books drove me nuts!

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15083 comments Susie: nothing wrong with a count of four when they all have 4 or 5 ratings! I am eager and sad to catch up with the Heather Blake Wishcraft series - i have two to go. Good month! And as always some of the cozy titles crack me up.

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1657 comments Melodie wrote: "They were all good reads, so count doesn't matter! I loved the Call of the Wilde books. Hoped she'd write some more, but no such luck. I really liked To Catch a Witch. There were good things about ..."

I was really surprised by the Call of the Wilde books! They were such good stories :) I was hoping there would be more too. I totally agree about the gluten thing. She got a little carried away by the last book. This month I'm trying to catch up on some Paige Shelton books!

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1657 comments Ann wrote: "Susie: nothing wrong with a count of four when they all have 4 or 5 ratings! I am eager and sad to catch up with the Heather Blake Wishcraft series - i have two to go. Good month! And as always som..."

You have some to look forward to Ann! I love the Wishcraft series :)

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8302 comments I agree on some of the titles being amusing. (Flourless to Stop Him, snicker)