Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Challenges > HOGWARTS Challenge

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Selena (last edited Sep 03, 2018 11:27AM) (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2026 comments Mod
In honor of going back to school and Halloween (and Selena's love of Harry Potter)!

For this challenge, you are to read 8 manga, each starting with one of the letters that spell Hogwarts!

The person who completes the challenge will have a chance to pick a Shoujo manga for the January-February 2019 group read! No votes, just your pick. In case of multiple people completing the challenge, I'll be choosing a person at random, probably from a hat.

Make sure to enter the challenge or you won't be able to win!

message 2: by Selena (new)

Please note that the challenge began on September 1st, so all manga read from September 1st can count for this challenge

message 3: by Selena (last edited Oct 28, 2018 05:04PM) (new)

Horimiya, Vol. 7 by Hero Oh My Goddess! Volume 32 by Kosuke Fujishima Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Vol. 3 by Izumi Tsubaki World Trigger, Vol. 16 by Daisuke Ashihara Assassination Classroom, Vol. 20 by Yūsei Matsui Requiem of the Rose King, Vol. 7 by Aya Kanno My Neighbor Seki, Vol. 10 by Takuma Morishige So Cute It Hurts!!, Vol. 9 by Gō Ikeyamada

(My Neighbor Seki is "Tonari no Seki" in Japanese)
(Monthly Girls Nozaki is "Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun" in Japanese)

To read: Rurouni Kenshin

message 4: by Cindy III (last edited Nov 04, 2018 12:58AM) (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Hogwarts Challenge

H Horimiya, Vol. 8
✔ O Our Precious Conversations Vol. 1 10.6.18
✔ G Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 3 9.18.18
✔ W Waiting for Spring Vol. 5 9.16-17.18
✔ A Ao no Ekusoshisuto v. 18 Blue Exorcist, Vol. 18 9.29.18
✔ R Reimei no Arukana v. 8 Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 08 9.18.18
✔ T Tokyo Ghoul: re, Vol. 5 9.28.18
✔ S Suijin no Hanayome v. 7 The Water Dragon’s Bride, Vol. 7 10.30

Our Precious Conversations Vol. 1 by Robico The Girl from the Other Side Siúil, A Rún, Volume 3 (The Girl from the Other Side, #3) by Nagabe Waiting for Spring Vol. 5 by Anashin Blue Exorcist, Vol. 18 by Kazue Kato Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 08 (Dawn of the Arcana, #8) by Rei Toma Tokyo Ghoul re, Vol. 5 by Sui Ishida The Water Dragon’s Bride, Vol. 7 by Rei Toma

message 5: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Selena wrote: "(My Neighbor Seki is "Tonari no Seki" in Japanese) ."

We can use Japanese titles? Yay!

message 6: by Selena (new)

Cindy III wrote: "Selena wrote: "(My Neighbor Seki is "Tonari no Seki" in Japanese) ."

We can use Japanese titles? Yay!"

Yup. Just no double counting. If you use it for T, don't use the same volume for another letter. You still have to read 8 books. :)

message 7: by Selena (new)

About a week and a half left in the challenge. Let's get this challenge finished!

message 8: by Selena (new)

Finished with a couple days to spare! :D

message 9: by Selena (new)

I'm afraid no one won the prize for this challenge. Let's all do our best in the next challenge! :)