Old Books, New Readers discussion

Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10)
This topic is about Murder on the Orient Express

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by La Tonya (new) - added it

La Tonya  Jordan | 169 comments Mod
Post all thoughts and comments. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Week 2 - September 10th - 16th / 71 - 140 pages

Enjoy Reading,
La Tonya

Vera | 7 comments The book has definitely kept my attention. It has now become a little bit more slow paced, but it's still interesting. I always expected the murderer to be one of the passengers, but the narration suggests that we don't know the character yet.

message 3: by Nat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nat K (NatNoir) | 11 comments Vera wrote: "The book has definitely kept my attention. It has now become a little bit more slow paced, but it's still interesting. I always expected the murderer to be one of the passengers, but the narration ..."

I'm enjoying this. I've also noticed how quaint and "old fashioned" the writing is, it certainly harks to a certain style.

message 4: by La Tonya (new) - added it

Nat wrote: "Vera wrote: "The book has definitely kept my attention. It has now become a little bit more slow paced, but it's still interesting. I always expected the murderer to be one of the passengers, but t..."

Excellent 😃 Contiune to post your thoughts. Enjoy Reading 📚

message 5: by La Tonya (new) - added it

Vera wrote: "The book has definitely kept my attention. It has now become a little bit more slow paced, but it's still interesting. I always expected the murderer to be one of the passengers, but the narration ..."

message 6: by La Tonya (new) - added it

Nat wrote: "Vera wrote: "The book has definitely kept my attention. It has now become a little bit more slow paced, but it's still interesting. I always expected the murderer to be one of the passengers, b

Mohi Uddin | 8 comments Finished with the book. Loved it.

Would have been better if I hadn't watched the movie before. The brain kind of tries to make connections and I don't like thinking much while reading.

Happy Reading all..

message 8: by La Tonya (new) - added it

Mohi wrote: "Finished with the book. Loved it.

Would have been better if I hadn't watched the movie before. The brain kind of tries to make connections and I don't like thinking much while reading.

Happy Read..."

Awestome 📚 Enjoy Reading - Post a review of the highlights of the book and your favorite character. 😃

Mohi Uddin | 8 comments La Tonya wrote: "Mohi wrote: "Finished with the book. Loved it.

Would have been better if I hadn't watched the movie before. The brain kind of tries to make connections and I don't like thinking much while reading..."

sure.. Someday soon..

message 10: by Jon (new)

Jon | 376 comments Mohi wrote: "Finished with the book. Loved it.

Would have been better if I hadn't watched the movie before. The brain kind of tries to make connections and I don't like thinking much while reading.."

I hope you have a "Do not read" list, then. For me, I would put James Joyce, Henry James, and Umberto Eco on my "Do not read" list. And then I read them anyway!