The Fairy Book Club discussion

SEPT/OCT 2018 - Boy > SEPT/OCT 2018 - Boy by Roald Dahl

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (misilu) | 36 comments Mod
Hi all,

In celebration of Roald Dahl´s birthday this month, we decided to choose his book Boy: Tales of Childhood as our book club read.

Here is a little something about the book:
In Boy, Roald Dahl recounts his days as a child growing up in England. From his years as a prankster at boarding school to his envious position as a chocolate tester for Cadbury's, Roald Dahl's boyhood was as full of excitement and the unexpected as are his world-famous, best-selling books. Packed with anecdotes -- some funny, some painful, all interesting -- this is a book that's sure to please.

Are you looking forward to reading this one?

message 2: by Cordelia (new)

Cordelia (cordeliareads) | 324 comments Mod
This looks amazing. So so pleased :)

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 9 comments Oh I have this on my shelf, been meaning to read it for a while now.

message 4: by Vishali (new)

Vishali | 1 comments Pleasant coincidence that I’m currently reading this

message 5: by Renata (new)

Renata | 30 comments I have already read this one, but will join in the discussions. :)

message 6: by Tati (new)

Tati Oliveira (tati_oliveira) | 7 comments I couldn’t find any Brazilian edition of this book. That’s super sad!
Now I’m looking for a English one :p

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (yumonigiri) | 15 comments Never read any Dahl & always felt like I missed out, so I’m quite happy that I finally have a reason to. :)

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Baum | 2 comments In school I remember having read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and enjoyed it immensely. I look forward to reading Dahl's autobiography.

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 12 comments Found a copy and will read along. Dahl was one of my son's favorites so I'm sure I will enjoy it.

message 10: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 2 comments I’d love to win a copy because my 7 year old daughter Maeghan is in love with Roald Dhal!