Play Book Tag discussion

Everything Under
This topic is about Everything Under
Archive: Other Books > Everything Under - Daisy Johnson - 5 stars and a Man Booker favourite

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments I really loved Everything Under and it is my favourite of the Man Booker 2018 longlist thus far. A reimagining of the Oedipus myth, with gender turned on its head. Such exquisite writing. Its beginning had me really excited, and it didn't fail to deliver what I had hoped. I will leave that beginning here.

'The places we are born come back. They disguise themselves as migraines, stomach aches, insomnia. They are the way we sometimes wake falling, fumbling for the bed-side lam, certain everything we've built has gone in the night. We become strangers to the places we are born. They would not recognise us but we will always recognise them. They are marrow to us; they are bred in to us. If we were turned inside out there would be maps cut into the wrong side of our skin. Just so we could find our way back. Except, cut wrong side into my skin are not canals and train tracks and a boat, but always: you.'

message 2: by Jeremiah (new) - added it

Jeremiah Cunningham | 717 comments I am excited to get to this one eventually.

Tracy (tstan) | 1237 comments I really liked this one, too!

Nicole D. | 1497 comments looking forward to this. I need to hurry!

KateNZ | 2666 comments Spectacular book. Couldn’t agree more