What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Worse Than Boys
This topic is about Worse Than Boys
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen novel about 2 girl gangs, one called the lip gloss girls [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Poppy (last edited Sep 03, 2018 05:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Poppy | 2 comments Teen book with a pink cover and 2 silhouettes of girls fighting. The book was about two girl gangs in school, one called 'the lip gloss girls'.
The main character is outcast from the lip gloss girl gang by the leader (who i think is called Lauren) and spends half the book trying to make up with them.
At one point a game of 'Light as a feather' is played.
I think the reason she was outcast is something to do with the lead of the lip gloss girls peeing her pants and her thinking that the main character was the one who spread it the gossip around.

Main character then moves to the rival gang (which may be called something like the alley cats), at one point the leader of the rival gang (may be called Miranda?) lights a rag on fire and puts it through the lead of the lipgloss girls door. I can't remember much else but i loved this book and would appreciate any help finding it.

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments I did a quick Google search and found Worse Than Boys by Cathy MacPhail.

Worse Than Boys by Cathy MacPhail

Poppy | 2 comments Annamariah wrote: "I did a quick Google search and found Worse Than Boys by Cathy MacPhail.

Worse Than Boys by Cathy MacPhail"

what did you search? I've been trying to find this for weeks! Thank you!!!

message 4: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments You're welcome :) I googled: "lip gloss girls" site:goodreads.com

I often limit the search with 'site:goodreads.com' when I'm looking for a book, as it usually gives better results.