Historical Romance Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Gaol/Nominations > November, 2018 Nominations - Witty Banter

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Priya (last edited Sep 03, 2018 03:42AM) (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments For November, 2018, we are reading Historical Romances with Witty banter.

Rules of Nominations :

Not more than 2 nominations per member
No book we have read as a group read in the last 2 yrs (Please check the group's bookshelf).

A few lists to help you:

Witty Historical Romance Books
Best Humorous Historical Romances
Books with Witty banter/Dialogue - A few are HRs
Funny Witty Romance Novels - Again a mix of Contemporary and Historical romances.

Nominations end on 15th of September, 2018.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 245 comments I’m gonna nominate A Week To Be Wicked by Tessa Dare.

message 3: by Mariana (new)

Mariana | 2311 comments I have read a lot of books on these lists and would be happy reading most of them.

I decided to nominate Splendid by Julia Quinn.

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 2088 comments I'm going to nominate a couple of Loretta Chases I've enjoyed. When Ms Chase is on her game her books are fun and fabulous. I nominate:

The Last Hellion The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4) by Loretta Chase

and Mr. Impossible Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2) by Loretta Chase

message 5: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 7 comments A Week to Be Wicked !!! Team Colin all the way! lol

message 6: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Sridhar (angellus08) | 341 comments I've read a terrifying number of books from these lists! But I'll be nominating Dangerous and And Then He Kissed Her

message 7: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new)

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 4104 comments Mod
Great suggestions! Nothing to add here!

Missy (semi-hiatus) | 1191 comments Same here, Tanya. I'll just let others do the nominating this time.

message 9: by Caz (new)

Caz (caz963) | 12 comments K.C Bateman's books have GREAT banter, if you're looking for an author that maybe you haven't come across before. To Steal a Heart, A Raven's Heart, A Counterfeit Heart and her most recent release, The Devil to Pay.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments Caz wrote: "K.C Bateman's books have GREAT banter, if you're looking for an author that maybe you haven't come across before. To Steal a Heart, A Raven's Heart, [book:A Counterf..."

Thanks for the recco Caz. I’ll look into these!

message 11: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (last edited Sep 09, 2018 07:14AM) (new)

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 4104 comments Mod
I didn’t realize K.C. Bateman’s books were witty. Thanks Caz!

I will go ahead and put The Devil to Pay in the running as a nomination.

message 12: by Caz (last edited Sep 09, 2018 07:14AM) (new)

Caz (caz963) | 12 comments Joanna Loves Reading wrote: "Caz wrote: "K.C Bateman's books have GREAT banter, if you're looking for an author that maybe you haven't come across before. To Steal a Heart, A Raven's Heart, [boo..."

She writes some of the best flirty banter I've read over the past couple of years :)

message 13: by Lorien (new)

Lorien | 398 comments I LUV witty banter and I can't think of a single book to add to this.

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 732 comments I've nothing to add but am loving the suggestions. Some titles are new andI've never read :-)

message 15: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 635 comments The Spinster and the Rake (which I am currently reading and loving), or its obvious inspiration, Venetia (one of my all-time favorites)

Midniteillusion (Desiree) (midniteillusion) | 109 comments I just reread this one (The Viscount Who Loved Me) after reading it a million years ago and I'd forgotten how fun/funny it was.

Another one I've wanted to read for quite some time but haven't yet is Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake.

message 17: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 348 comments Oh how I love bantering Heroes and heroines! Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm in for whatever is chosen.

message 18: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 2088 comments Oooh Venetia. Yes! Great nom Andrea.

And I've just read The Viscount Who Loved Me so not gonna vote for that one LOL but yep it is fun and funny.

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary Bady  (mariabady) | 1 comments Just finished The Devil to Pay by K.C. Bateman
Great banter and it’s set in renaissance Italy.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 299 comments The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2) by Tessa Dare - It's Tessa Dare's latest so I'm guessing it will be full of witty banter.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 299 comments Another fairly new release by an author also known for her witty banter - The Sins of Lord Lockwood (Rules for the Reckless, #6) by Meredith Duran

message 22: by Phoebe (last edited Sep 15, 2018 05:39AM) (new)

Phoebe | 38 comments I'm actually really curious to see what others consider "good" witty banter!
I've read some so called witty banter that was supposed to be good... but ehh... it wasn't so witty after all was it?

message 23: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe | 38 comments Jan130 wrote: "Oooh Venetia. Yes! Great nom Andrea.

And I've just read The Viscount Who Loved Me so not gonna vote for that one LOL but yep it is fun and funny."

Re-read or read?

message 24: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 2088 comments No, my first read. I've recently started reading the Bridgertons series for the first time.

message 25: by Mariana (new)

Mariana | 2311 comments Jan130 wrote: "No, my first read. I've recently started reading the Bridgertons series for the first time."

Hope you enjoy the entire series. I just read this year as well for the series challenge.

message 26: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 2088 comments I'm liking them so far.

message 27: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments Polls are open.

Voting ends on 30th September, 2018.

message 28: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin I am going to nominate Dangerous by Amanda Quick

message 29: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments Kaitlin wrote: "I am going to nominate Dangerous by Amanda Quick"

The polls are already put up, but no worries. Tanya nominated the same book, so you can vote for your choice.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.