Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Sanderson - All the Things > Oathbringer [Apr 20, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 192 (192 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4608 comments Mod
April 20th.

message 2: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan and me want to Buddy Read Oathbringer this month, as it's only the two of us, would it be ok to just use this thread? Like a (very early) head start?

message 3: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Ooh yes I second Anni's question! We'd be leaving little spoiler tagged presents for the April readers! :D

message 4: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments I don’t remember who I requested the BR with lol. But, go ahead.

message 5: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments I think Charlie? I remember yous organising all 3 books a while ago.

message 6: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments You might be right. Thanks for the reminder, Siobhan (yay more points!).

Well, looking at the thread for WoK, seems there are quite a few people interested in reading the series. So, hopefully, we'll get a decent number continuing till this book.

message 7: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Ah that's good! Sanderson is normally a good draw XD

message 8: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments So happy to have started this book, I'm immersed in it immediately! :D

Through chapter 4 - (view spoiler)

Also, the prologue - (view spoiler)

message 9: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 6 - (view spoiler)

message 10: by Anni (last edited Jan 14, 2019 01:48AM) (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Ok, wow you really made some progress here! I'm still at the beginning of chapter 4, so I will open the other spoilers later.

Progogue: (view spoiler)

I'm so damn excited! 😂

message 11: by Siobhan (last edited Jan 14, 2019 01:02PM) (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Ok, wow you really made some progress here! I'm still at the beginning of chapter 4, so I will open the other spoilers later."

Prologue:

Wow!! Thank you for that massive analysis of the prologue! I can tell you're excited! 😅 And I agree with you 100%, thanks so much for explaining it and laying it out like that. (view spoiler)

message 12: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 12 - (view spoiler)

message 13: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 13 - (view spoiler)

message 14: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Aaaah, what are you doing 😂 I was so happy I managed to catch up with you finishing chapter 6...

message 15: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Ok, wow you really made some progress here! I'm still at the beginning of chapter 4, so I will open the other spoilers later."

Prologue:

Wow!! Thank you for that massive analysi..."

You're welcome. I planned a short answer but then get distracted by all the cool stuff going on there. Also do you think (view spoiler)

message 16: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Ok, wow you really made some progress here! I'm still at the beginning of chapter 4, so I will open the other spoilers later."

Prologue:

Wow!! Thank you for that..."

That seems likely to me!

message 17: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Aaaah, what are you doing 😂 I was so happy I managed to catch up with you finishing chapter 6..."

Haha! XD sorry! This is the only book I'm reading and I want to get lost in it!

Do you want me to start another book as a side project? So I can slow down a bit? 😅

message 18: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments I will just list all my random thoughts 😬

Chapter 1 - 6 (view spoiler)

message 19: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Aaaah, what are you doing 😂 I was so happy I managed to catch up with you finishing chapter 6..."

Haha! XD sorry! This is the only book I'm reading and I want to get lost in it!

..."

That's up to you, but I surely can't keep up with your pace like this 🙈

message 20: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I will just list all my random thoughts 😬

Chapter 1 - 6

Through chapter 6 -
(view spoiler)

It's OK if we're not at the same pace right? We can still discuss each point as you comment. I was aiming to finish before I start Farseer because I don't want to read two epic fantasies at the same time!

However, if you think it would be better to keep pace together, why don't we set a schedule of so many chapters a day? :)

message 21: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments I'm really sorry for holding you back! I'm currently in the middle of Chapter 11 and I'll to read a few more chapters now.
I just came back from a Pen&Paper Event. It was awesome and I'm too excited to imediately go to bed anyway 😂

I'm fine with setting a chapter schedule, but if you want to go on, don't let me stop you.

@Renarin (chapter 9)(view spoiler)

message 22: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Don't be sorry! You're not holding me back! :)

What's a Pen&Paper Event? Sounds great regardless, glad you had fun! :D

@Renarin (chapter 9) (view spoiler)

I didn't make much progress last night because I had lots of house stuff to read through from solicitors. :)

I might join you for Paper Magician. See how I feel tonight! 😂

message 23: by Anni (last edited Jan 16, 2019 09:49AM) (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Don't be sorry! You're not holding me back! :)

@Renarin (chapter 9) [spoilers removed]

I didn't make much progress last ni..."

Yes pleeeease! I already started, as I'm doing it on audio and I really enjoy it so far! There's a cute dog as well, see? You should read it!

As for Pen & Paper (I'll hide it to not clutter the thread)(view spoiler)

message 24: by Anni (last edited Jan 16, 2019 06:41AM) (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Back to Oathbringer:

Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Chapter 12 YES! (view spoiler)

Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

message 25: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Wow! Go you! *Reading comments now*

message 26: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Don't be sorry! You're not holding me back! :)

@Renarin (chapter 9) [spoilers removed]

I didn't make much ..."

Clutter: (view spoiler)

message 27: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Back to Oathbringer:

Chapter 10 I"

Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

message 28: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 18 - (view spoiler)

message 29: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Just finished chapter 20, but I'm too tired to update now 😅

But one thing I realized today is how... well funny the book is, it made me laugh a lot, without being silly or superficial, do you know what I mean? I don't think Book 1 and 2 were the same...

message 30: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments I 100% know what you mean! :D
Every time I read a Shallan chapter I'm giggling away to myself and Sinjid asks me what's so funny!
And some of the things Navani says! 😅
It's just excellent!
I think we're about the same point. My kindle died so been listening to an audiobook on my phone. XD

message 31: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 20 - (view spoiler)

Chapter 22 - (view spoiler)

message 32: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments I'm glad, I'm not alone! :)

Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

Chapter 18 (view spoiler)

Chapter 20 (view spoiler)

message 33: by Siobhan (last edited Jan 19, 2019 06:18AM) (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 16 - I think you're probably right (view spoiler)

Chapter 18 (view spoiler)

Chapter 20 - Yes I agree (view spoiler)

Chapter 24 - (view spoiler)

message 34: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 26 - (view spoiler)

message 35: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan! Stop it! Go and read Crooked Kingdom now! 😂

message 36: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Hahaha 😂

But, but, the Readathon! I want to read 240 pages! XD

message 37: by Anni (last edited Jan 23, 2019 12:30AM) (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Chapter 21 & 22 (view spoiler)

Chapter 23 (view spoiler)

Chapter 24 (view spoiler)

Chapter 25 (view spoiler)

Chapter 26 (view spoiler)

Chapter 27 (view spoiler)

Chapter 28 (view spoiler)

message 38: by Dustin (last edited Jan 23, 2019 11:46AM) (new)

Dustin (tillos) | 51 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 27(view spoiler)

This was a an "Oooh!" moment for me during this reread, though I completely missed it the first time through. I wont say what my suspicion is, but it certainly reminds me of a past character.

message 39: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Dustin wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 27[spoilers removed]

This was a an "Oooh!" moment for me during this reread, though I completely missed it the first time through. I wont say what my suspicion is, but it ..."

Hmmm interesting, the first person comming to my mind is (view spoiler)

message 40: by Dustin (last edited Jan 23, 2019 12:07PM) (new)

Dustin (tillos) | 51 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Hmmm interesting, the first person comming to my mind is..."

:)

I don't remember there being any hint that was the case then, but it has been some time and they were certainly in the Dustbringer recruitment pool.

General spoilers(view spoiler)

message 41: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 21 & 22 F"

Through chapter 28 (view spoiler)

message 42: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 29 (view spoiler)

message 43: by Anni (last edited Jan 23, 2019 02:04PM) (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Dustin wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Hmmm interesting, the first person comming to my mind is..."

:)

I don't remember there being any hint that was the case then, but it has been some time and they were certainly in..."

You're right, may be caused by the way of storytelling, to focus on a smaller group of character, as those were already introduced to us... (view spoiler)

message 44: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 29 [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, I thought so as well, that she would do something stupid 😂

message 45: by Siobhan (last edited Jan 23, 2019 12:42PM) (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Chapter 32, end of Part 1! (woooop progress!) -

(view spoiler)

Next up, interludes!

message 46: by Dustin (new)

Dustin (tillos) | 51 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Hmmm interesting, the first person coming to my mind is..."

(view spoiler)

message 47: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Chapter 32 YES! (view spoiler)

message 48: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7863 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 32 YES! [spoilers removed]"

Eeek!!! I haven't read any more past this yet!

message 49: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Inteludes (I1 -I3) (view spoiler)

Chapter 34 (view spoiler)

Chapter 35 (view spoiler)

message 50: by Anni (last edited Jan 26, 2019 02:16AM) (new)

Anni | 5048 comments I was also wondering about overlapping abilities of the Knights Radiant

Doesn't that mean (Not a real spoiler, but I'll hide it because it spoils events from WoR) (view spoiler)

I also found a Which Radiant Order are you Quiz :)

My resullts: (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 4