Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Sanderson - All the Things > Words of Radiance [Mar 15, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Mar 15th.

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  | 7 comments So excited for this! Just finished The Way of Kings and have been looking for a group of people to discuss the next book with.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I wish I could have reread these with y’all!!

Enjoy!!

I’m glad you’re so excited Kevin! 😊

message 4: by Cody (new)

Cody Reis | 20 comments I couldn't wait...had to start this a couple of nights ago. I figured I'd still post though as I know I've enjoyed reading comments from others that were ahead of me, so maybe someone will find it interesting :)

Prologue
(view spoiler)

Chapter 1
(view spoiler)

Chapter 2
(view spoiler)

message 5: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Definitely in!

I'll read Warbreaker now as preparation because I've heard it's a good idea to read that before WoR, but I can't wait to pick this up!

message 6: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7854 comments I think someone was looking for a buddy for Warbreaker on the Buddy Read Invite thread, but I could be wrong.
Just in case you want extra points for it XD

message 7: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Siobhan wrote: "I think someone was looking for a buddy for Warbreaker on the Buddy Read Invite thread, but I could be wrong.
Just in case you want extra points for it XD"

Thank you! Can't say it wouldn't be nice with some extra points xD

message 8: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7854 comments Hope you enjoy! I read it before any Stormlight, so if there is connections you'll have to let me know! :)

message 9: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments I haven't read Warbreaker yet 😅 I think I'll pick it up sometime after Oathbringer...

message 10: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Siobhan wrote: "Hope you enjoy! I read it before any Stormlight, so if there is connections you'll have to let me know! :)"

On the Stormlight Archive subreddit, people said something about (spoiler tag just to be sure) (view spoiler) but I'll have to read both books before I can confirm :)

message 11: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7854 comments Hmm. I'll have to reread!! Or get Iain or Virginie to enlighten me haha 😅

message 12: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7854 comments You should, Anni! It's a pretty good standalone.

message 13: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Hmm. I'll have to reread!! Or get Iain or Virginie to enlighten me haha 😅"

I think you better should re-read it 😬 (view spoiler)

message 14: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7854 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Hmm. I'll have to reread!! Or get Iain or Virginie to enlighten me haha 😅"

I think you better should re-read it 😬 [spoilers removed]"

😂 It would indeed be better!

message 15: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments You could also both join us now ;) Sanderson has a free (and legal!) Warbreaker pdf on his website which is the one I'm reading

message 16: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Thanks for the tip, but I already have copy :) Years ago I found used, german copies of Elantris and Warbreaker for 1€ each and had to buy them :)
And sadly I don't have time right now...

message 17: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Thanks for the tip, but I already have copy :) Years ago I found used, german copies of Elantris and Warbreaker for 1€ each and had to buy them :)
And sadly I don't have time right now..."

Nice, I love a good book deal! :D Haha, that's okay, I was mostly joking xD We can discuss it when we've all read it :D I'm really interested to see what its connections to SA are

message 18: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Just booking my space in here - really looking forward to getting back into the world!

message 19: by Cody (new)

Cody Reis | 20 comments More progress...this book moves way faster than WoK!

I'm doing something a little different for me. Writing my thoughts/summary for each chapter right after reading as part of my progress updates.

Chapters 3-12 (each chapter has a spoiler tag too)
(view spoiler)

Interlude 1
(view spoiler)

MikMurphy the Spinecreaser | 37 comments Ok, I'm supposed to be reading Deadhouse Gates right now. But after finishing TWoK's I just had to start this!! I'm not to far in yet, so I'll come back to read the spoilers on chapters.
So far I am falling more in love with Kaladin and bridge 4. And Shallan is growing on me. As well as Dalinar, his indecision and self doubt was driving me crazy before!

message 21: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments I’m starting tonight.

message 22: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments I'm finishing Deadhouse Gates today and might just take a small break before starting on this. Or I'll likely just get started on the bus home from work because I just can't help myself!

message 23: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments End of Ch 1

Still not enjoying Shallan’s chapter.
(view spoiler)

Prologue
(view spoiler)

message 24: by Seán (last edited Mar 13, 2019 04:09AM) (new)

Seán | 602 comments Made a start and just finished Part 1 and the Interludes. Overall I'm enjoying things and am interested in seeing how things develop.

Spoilers for everything in Part 1 and the first set of Interludes:

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Started today

Prologue: (view spoiler)

Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

message 26: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Chapter 7: (view spoiler)

message 27: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 83 comments I'm going to start a bit later this time :( I have no time to read this week.

message 28: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7854 comments Kathrine wrote: "Chapter 7: [spoilers removed]"

I don't think I was ever gonna be ready!!!

message 29: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments End of Part I

Jasnah
(view spoiler)

Kaladin
(view spoiler)

Parshendi
(view spoiler)

Interlude
(view spoiler)

message 30: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments I've been binge-reading this the past few days, I can hardly put it down – it's just so good! I've also totally forgotten to comment on the chapters, but here are a few of my thoughts from yesterday:

Chapter 25: (view spoiler)

Chapter 28: (view spoiler)

Chapter 32 and 33: (view spoiler)

Chapter 37: (view spoiler)

Chapter 44: (view spoiler)

message 31: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Barry wrote: "End of Part I

Jasnah
[spoilers removed]

Kaladin
[spoilers removed]

..."

I agree with everything you said, and I really hope we'll see Kaladin (view spoiler) I also think that Jasnah (view spoiler).

message 32: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments End of Ch 27 ((view spoiler))

Kaladin
(view spoiler)

message 33: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 83 comments End of part 1

Jasnah
(view spoiler)

Kaladin
(view spoiler)

Gavilar and Parshendi
(view spoiler)

message 34: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4549 comments I'm still only a quarter of the way through WoK so I'm gonna be about a week or so late with this one I think. Looking forward to reading all the spoilery thoughts!

message 35: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Kathrine wrote: "I've been binge-reading this the past few days, I can hardly put it down – it's just so good! I've also totally forgotten to comment on the chapters, but here are a few of my thoughts from yesterda..."

Chapters 32 and 33 were awesome and perfeclty placed to keep me hooked on the book. Sanderson creates a great 'series finale' feel for the last few Chapters of each section.

Just moving onto Part 3 now - things are definitely ramping up! I'm enjoying every single character and story so far - the investment in the first book is really paying off here!

message 36: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments End of Ch 37

Shallan
(view spoiler)

@Katherine : I agree re Ch 37. The Kholins (view spoiler)

message 37: by Kathrine (last edited Mar 18, 2019 12:06PM) (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Chapter 66: (view spoiler)

edit: (view spoiler)

Another edit, this chapter is a lot: (view spoiler)

message 38: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Barry wrote: "End of Ch 37

Shallan"

Same, (view spoiler)

message 39: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments End of Ch 48

Shallan
(view spoiler)

message 40: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Finished yesterday at 11:55 pm. Stayed up way past my bedtime because I could just not put the book down, I was to excited to see how it would end. 5 stars from me

Again forgot to write down my thoughts while reading but here are some thoughts I rememeber:

Chapter 76: (view spoiler)

Chapter 77: (view spoiler)

Chapter 78: (view spoiler)

Chapter 83: (view spoiler)

Chapter 84: (view spoiler)

Chapter 85: (view spoiler)

Chapter 88: (view spoiler)

Chapter 89: (view spoiler)

Epilogue: (view spoiler)

message 41: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments End of Ch 66

Kathrine wrote: "Chapter 66: I'm becoming increasingly worried about how many times during reading this book I've gone "Kaladin, you ..."
My thoughts exactly! (view spoiler)

Shallan
(view spoiler)

message 42: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 83 comments Ch 34

Kaladin
(view spoiler)

Shallan
(view spoiler)

message 43: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments Done.

Well, it’s still pretty good, though I wanted more (view spoiler).

Shallan
(view spoiler)

Amaram
(view spoiler)

Adolin
(view spoiler)

Epilogue(view spoiler)

message 44: by Elena (last edited Mar 24, 2019 08:16AM) (new)

Elena Granger | 83 comments Chapter 34
(view spoiler)

Chapter 42
(view spoiler)

Chapter 44
(view spoiler)

message 45: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Jess wrote: "Chapter 34"

I'm enjoying Shallan the most in this book - her storyline's got a couple of really interesting moving parts and she's the most connected to the 'main' plot, at least as I see it.

message 46: by Gazi (new)

Gazi Nuzhat | 21 comments Just started this last night. It's flowing so good, better than TWoK in my opinion. I can't put this book down.

message 47: by Gazi (last edited Mar 26, 2019 05:21AM) (new)

Gazi Nuzhat | 21 comments Chapter 7

(view spoiler)

message 48: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Finished Part 3 and the Interludes.

Part 3: (view spoiler)

Lift: (view spoiler)

Having said all that, I'm really looking forward to seeing how everything is going to come together. I love the world-building and Sanderson usually does pay-offs well.

message 49: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Seán wrote: "Finished Part 3 and the Interludes.

Part 3: "

Agree about the Lift part. (view spoiler)

message 50: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Spoilers up to Chapter 68:

(view spoiler)

« previous 1