The Challenge Factory discussion

The Scot Beds His Wife (Victorian Rebels, #5)
This topic is about The Scot Beds His Wife
2018 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Elena & Krissy - The Scot Beds His Wife

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5934 comments Mod
Elena & Krissy - The Scot Beds His Wife

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments Checking in!

Elena | 1382 comments finished the Duke yesterday!
yayy! loving this series ... loved Cole-the-douchebag :D

I wasn't too convinced with the whole Jeremy-the-killer plot ... For three years he kills women that look like Ginny (Imogen), yet he is still friends and visits with Imogen on her estate... I guess the whole multiple personality thing ...

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I'm loving this seies too. When do you wanna start this one?

Elena | 1382 comments tomorrow ? whenever you want!

message 6: by Elena (last edited Sep 07, 2018 11:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elena | 1382 comments btw - why is this one titled "the Scot beds his wife" - freakin' sounds like those old Harlequins "the rich tycoon's mistress', 'the Greek heir's wife", etc....

The title is crap! and doesn't go with the rest of the series ...
Would have made more sense to just name it "The Scot" ,,,

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I totally agree with the title! And the next book's title is stupid too.

Tomorrow works for me

Elena | 1382 comments i'm about 2 hours in ...
so far so good.

Elena | 1382 comments I had no time to read yesterday ... so today at work i'm catching up :D

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I'm 5 hours in and I love it so far! I'm loving the interactions between these 2. I LOLd when he described how he thought their first meeting at the train station would go. Then again when he thought she'd be in such a hopeless mess she'd be so grateful for his help the next time he came. I love the secondary characters as well.

I'm at the part where she is just waking up from her calf injury

Elena | 1382 comments Im about 8hours in .... They just married . Enjoying it a lot so far !

One question - i was too lazy to rewind , plus i was driving so I didn’t wanna crash :) , but i must have missed it ! Did she tell him her husband was dead?? It was at that part when she was shot and gavin “saved” her and when she was telling him about killing a man (didn’t say it was her husband) and that the band of brothers is after her , etc.... So she didn’t tell him WHO the husband was .... she said he was a banker in San Francisco and Gavin was outraged that the husband didn’t come for her / isn’t helping her , etc..... I don’t remember her telling him that her husband is dead ?!?

If not - how is he willing to marry her , knowing she has a live husband in America?!?

Elena | 1382 comments *thinking she has a “live” hubby

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I stopped it before her confessions to charge my headphones so I'll let you know tomorrow exactly what she said to him

Elena | 1382 comments Yes ! Thanks :)

Elena | 1382 comments let me know when you are done with the confession :)

Elena | 1382 comments A random thought:
I think that the feud between Liam and Gavin is a bit over the top. Obviously there is bad blood since Gavin slept with Liam's wife (regardless of the fact that Gavin loved her and Liam didn't, that's still probably a big no-no :) ) .. But at the wedding, as Liam is officiating, their feuding sounded pretty immature and childish ... Also, having read Liam's book - I can't quite get into Gavin's story how Liam is this despicable and awful man - we read the book - he wasn't awful at all :)))) I mean, Gavin constantly compares Liam to their asshole father , which I don't find cool at all :S

Elena | 1382 comments secondly - I curse a lot (as you may or may not have noticed), but I found it a bit weird (in a historical novel) that they constantly use the work "fuck" >> I don't think it was that common , especially for women to keep saying "fuck, fuck, fuck " :D
I guess it's cuz she's American , that the author thought this would be more common !? Is the deal !? ....

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments Okay she told him she killed Bennet when he was robbing the train and his brother witnessed it. She didn't say who he was to her. She didn't even say she was married before. At least not yet. So he still thinks she's the other chick for now.

But she'll have to say something if they marry since she's pregnant. I haven't gotten that far.

The cursing doesn't bother me. But I am a little frustrated that he keeps thinking his brother is some kind of monster. I hope that shit calms down some

message 19: by Elena (last edited Sep 11, 2018 12:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elena | 1382 comments yeah brother=monster was annoying to me!

cursing doesn't bother me personally, just makes me wonder if they said "fuck" in Scotland 200 years ago... :)))

Yeah, so she says she killed a guy (not who he was to her), however doesn't she say she's not a virgin and had a husband?! she keeps talking about her husband in San Francisco who is a banker and Gavin is like 'why didn't he come to be with you, I would have crossed the ocean to take care of you and protect you, bla bla bla " (right?) or did I totally miss something ?!?

I was so sure she said she wasn't a virgin and talked about having a man in san Francisco (made up) .

Elena | 1382 comments I can't even find it now on the audiobook , cuz I forgot what part that was at :D

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments No she said she was on her way to marry the banker which is why she was on the train. But had to change plans to hide from the brothers. She did admit she wasn't a virgin. But never admitted to being married. She didn't elaborate on her non virginity at all actually. He didn't ask either

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments The banker is who Allison actually married while Sam went on to Scotland

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments Finished!

Elena | 1382 comments Ohhhh “on the way to marry the banker” — I thought she told him she WAS married to the banker ! Ok - that’s what I misheard. So i kept wondering how he is willing to marry her thinking she’s already married!!!

Elena | 1382 comments What are your thoughts on this one ??

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I loved it. My only complaint was thw unreasonable hatred he had towards his brother. But that made for an entertaining marriage scene!

I figured he'd find out the baby wasn't his, flip out, and throw her out before coming to his senses. That whole part was obvious. She was a dumbass for not being honest in the first place. But if it were all that easy there wouldn't be a book!

I really enjoyed the banter between the MCs. He was too full of himself and needed to be taken down a peg or 2. And i'm glad her insecurities were mentioned a couple times but didn't take over the actual story.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I enjoyed the secondary characters and thought the relationship between his mom and whatshisface was really sweet

Elena | 1382 comments I loved the romance between his mom and the old dude ...
cute !
overall good one!

i'd love to read the next, but I don't have it available anywhere ...
do you have it lined up already ?

message 29: by Elena (last edited Sep 12, 2018 06:55AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elena | 1382 comments have you read the Moray Druids trilogy (by the same author) ?
i am downloading it from my library site but not sure if it's any good ..

Insolent (The Moray Druids #1) by Kerrigan Byrne Indecent (The Moray Druids, #2) by Kerrigan Byrne Incarnate (The Moray Druids, #3) by Kerrigan Byrne

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I'll have to use a credit to get the next in audio.

I haven't read the other series. But they are short and available on KU so if you want to try them out I'm game