Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > S&S Australia ARC September Giveaways - closes 30th September!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon & Schuster Australia (last edited Sep 04, 2018 11:25PM) (new)

Simon & Schuster Australia (simonschusteraustralia) | 37 comments Hi everyone, we have another great month of ARC giveaways...three gripping new novels for you, more info below!

The first, The Girl They Left Behind by Roxanne Veletzos is a haunting, unforgettable tale of love and survival that spans two decades of war and revolution, based on the true story of the author’s mother.
During the first Pogrom in 1941 Bucharest, Roxanne Veletzos’ mother, then three years old, was discovered abandoned and half-frozen on the doorstep of an apartment building with just a note. Her mother survived the war, but this story has haunted Roxanne her entire life and was the spark that inspired her to research her family’s past and write this novel. Richly atmospheric and wonderfully layered, this is an exciting and deeply satisfying read that will become a bookclub favourite.

The second is Red War, the epic new entry into Vince Flynn's international bestselling Mitch Rapp series. This addictive and timely addition to the series sees Mitch Rapp racing to prevent Russia’s gravely ill leader from starting a full-scale war with NATO. Success means averting a war that could consume all of Europe. But if his mission is discovered, Rapp will plunge Russia and America into a conflict that neither will survive.

Third, we have the powerful and moving memoir Southern Discomfort: A Memoir by Tena Clark. In the bestselling tradition of The Help, Southern Discomfort tells the story of a white girl coming of age in the South in the 1960s, and the black woman who inspired her to forge her own path. This incredible memoir is about the people and places that shape who we are - and is destined to become a classic.

And finally, we have the new John Sandford, Holy Ghost. Virgil Flowers is back, investigating a small town with big secrets in the wickedly entertaining new title from the master of pulse-pounding thrillers. Perfect for fans of Jo Nesbo and Michael Connelly. Discover why Stephen King calls John Sandford 'one of the great novelists of all time!'

You can learn more about both books and request them here:
http://www.simonandschuster.com.au/c/...

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 72294 comments Mod
Thanks for another great lot of giveaways S&S!

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 4825 comments Thank you S&S for more wonderful giveaways. I've entered for The Girl They Left Behind. Good luck to everyone who enters 😊

message 4: by Kylie (new)

Kylie D | 740 comments Thanks S&S, The Girl They Left Behind sounds amazing. I have entered for that one :)

message 5: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8714 comments Thanks, S&S, great choices, as always!

message 6: by Deb (new)

Deb | 215 comments Kylie wrote: "Thanks S&S, The Girl They Left Behind sounds amazing. I have entered for that one :)"

It sure does.

message 7: by Deb (new)

Deb | 215 comments Always hard to pick.
Thank you S&S!

message 8: by Natty (new)

Natty (booknerdnatty) | 328 comments Thank you S&S.. Love the opportunity to discover new authors..

message 9: by Dale (last edited Sep 03, 2018 08:56PM) (new)

Dale Harcombe | 6118 comments I have entered for the Girl they left behind. Thanks S&S.

message 10: by Bron (new)

Bron (bookishbron) | 1 comments These all sound fantastic - I would love to win one!

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna | 87 comments Wow. More great books. How do you choose? Thanks S&S. :)

message 12: by B the BookAddict (new)

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 3432 comments Dale, I am really thinking about that one too.

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo Rushby | 236 comments I like The Girl left behind and have requested this one.

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen | 7 comments Thanks for the chance to read some great books

message 15: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette | 399 comments Thanks S&S fabulous giveaways, all sound great in particular The Girl They Left Behind