♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

BR & BOTM Archives > BR(#3) Prem ~ Sai Chaitanya ~ Akshaya : 1st September

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Prem (new)

Prem (toprem) | 42 comments Hi @sai Chaitanya @ Akshaya , Let me know what book to read.

message 2: by Akshaya (new)

Akshaya (shae_reads) (shae_says) | 43 comments Any suggestions?

message 3: by Sai Chaitanya (new)

Sai Chaitanya Are | 10 comments Hey, Akshaya and Prem :) :)

Looking forward to reading together.

I don't have any in mind right now, how about 'Fahrenheit 451'? Or any recent ones :p

Let's drop in a few suggestions before we decide.

message 4: by Akshaya (new)

Akshaya (shae_reads) (shae_says) | 43 comments Hey sorry... I got my knee injured, so quite held up in that... :( Sure, let me see reviews of Fahrenheit 451 and get back

message 5: by Sai Chaitanya (new)

Sai Chaitanya Are | 10 comments No worries Akshaya, I hope you heal soon..

message 6: by Akshaya (new)

Akshaya (shae_reads) (shae_says) | 43 comments Thanks for your wishes... :) And again, sorry that I couldn't make it to read this month... Did you start reading any book yet?

message 7: by Sai Chaitanya (new)

Sai Chaitanya Are | 10 comments It's alright :) No, I didn't. I finished reading Savi Sharma's "Everyone has a Story 2" couple of weeks ago.

To speak the truth, I've lost the will to read this year (clearly evident from my reading challenge :p). So I'm trying different methods to find motivation, Buddy reads being one of them. Let me know if there's any good book that can help :)

message 8: by Akshaya (new)

Akshaya (shae_reads) (shae_says) | 43 comments What genres are u interested in?
Some of the books that hook you from Day 1 :
Science fiction : The Martian
Fantasy series : Dresden Files
Fast paced WWII based books : Where Eagles Dare, Ice Station Zebra

Great writing :
Indian author, with good writing : The Strange Case of Billy Biswas (But u need patience with this one)

Once started, keeps you hooked :
Fantasy too :
The Kingkiller Chronicle #1 - Name of The Wind (It's a trilogy, however only 2 books are out) However, even if u aren't into fantasy...this book structure is more like hearing stories after stories...

message 9: by Akshaya (new)

Akshaya (shae_reads) (shae_says) | 43 comments U can also try Indian authors books like Illicit Happiness of Other People. It's a good book.. Some Rom-Com to read like a breeze are Anuja Chauhan books like Zoya factor, Those Pricey Thakur Girls...Or try The Hating Game by Sally Throne...it's a romance novel..short and engaging..

message 10: by Sai Chaitanya (new)

Sai Chaitanya Are | 10 comments Hey Akshaya! Thank you very much for all the suggestions :) You've given me way too many options to choose from :p

I've looked at all of them and guess I'll start with Manu Joseph's book, Illicit Happiness of Other People.