Books and Jams Readalong discussion

The Wonder - Sept 2018 > Who's Here?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
I hope y'all don't mind that I always pick backlist books! I am excited to finally get to The Wonder this month! I have heard a lot of good about this book (and a little bad) and think it will lend itself to some great discussion. I can't wait to read with you guys!

Say hello if you're planning to read along this month!

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Richardson | 11 comments I read that one. So good. Be careful where you read it. Had to leave the classroom a few times. It made me cry. Movie is good too but as always the book is better.

message 3: by Krista (new)

Sue wrote: "I read that one. So good. Be careful where you read it. Had to leave the classroom a few times. It made me cry. Movie is good too but as always the book is better."

Are you thinking of Wonder by RJ Palacio about the little boy? Yes, that definitely made me cry quite a bit. This is not that book though. We're reading the one by Emma Donoghue about the little girl who hasn't eaten in a long time and the nurse who goes to work with her. I don't think there's a movie about this one.

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue Richardson | 11 comments Yeah. I’m glad it’s different. Silly me. I didn’t even pay attention to the author. Guess I’ll have a new book to get. Just in time for school to start!!

message 5: by Jean (new)

Jean  Field I will be starting The Wonder in a few days.

message 6: by Berna (new)

Berna | 64 comments Hi! I will start the book next week.
I can't wait to join another readalong with you all.

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill (penwiper42) | 20 comments I read this in June from my library. It was good, but you have to keep up until the end for some of the bigger reveals and story pay-offs. So I will follow along with the posts on this one. :-)

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy  Altizer | 3 comments I just finished the book and am excited to discuss it.

message 9: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 10 comments I downloaded it from my library and have started the first chapter.

message 10: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 14 comments I've got to finish 2 books I am in the middle of, but will join the discussion further into the month. I have had The Wonder on my night-table for 3 months and this seems like the time to read it!

message 11: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Nelson | 14 comments I'm reading/listening to the audio book with you guys and I'm entranced so far!

message 12: by Ruth Ann (new)

Ruth Ann (moodygrl00) I appreciate that you pick backlist books so I can find them at the library. I’m looking forward to reading and discussing this one.

message 13: by Shaz (new)

Shaz (zabooksihaveread) | 1 comments I have just managed to get a copy of this book so I look forward to reading and joining in with the group discussion.

message 14: by Krista (new)

Ruth Ann wrote: "I appreciate that you pick backlist books so I can find them at the library. I’m looking forward to reading and discussing this one."

I love reading "older" books too! I just have so many of them on my shelves! This group has helped me read a ton from my shelves!

message 15: by Krista (new)

Hey all...I will actually be out of town from the 8th - 15th so I won't be on here commenting. Please feel free to discuss with each other as you read this week! I will hop back in when I return!

message 16: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Franklin | 3 comments Hello everyone! I’m new to the group and am joining in for the first time. I have just started the book this evening (well, morning I suppose) and am excited to join in with the discussions. Thank you for having me!

message 17: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 12 comments I'm here! Just got my hands on the book a couple of days ago and I just finished the first chapter so I'm going to pop on over to that thread to discuss :)

message 18: by Berna (new)

Berna | 64 comments I just started reading the book 😉

message 19: by Patti (new)

Patti (prenticekid) | 9 comments Checking in.

message 20: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 57 comments I now have it and hope to start it by the end of the week.

message 21: by Kim (new)

Kim | 8 comments I found Wonder at Barnes and Noble last night on the sale table, which was a happy surprise. I’m glad to be able to join the group this month. First I have to finish Tin Man (by Sarah Winman) which is a short book so I’ll be with y’all in a day or so.
If anyone out there lives in the Carolinas, please be safe this weekend with the horrible storm.

message 22: by Elsa (new)

Elsa I'm just getting started. This should be fun!

message 23: by Samiyah (new)

Samiyah (samiyahswann) I started last week, but haven't listened to it much. I'm 2 hours in.