Dorothy Dunnett Book Club discussion

Tv shows/movie/etc

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

are you watching anything great that you want to share? well put it here!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

guys you all should watch the Netflix show Anne with an E. I love it

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee M | 346 comments Mod
Is it Anne of Green Gables?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Renee wrote: "Is it Anne of Green Gables?"

It is based off the series. It has the same people and other important stuff, but the story line is a bit different. The show made me cry a few times, so have tissues if you watch it. Lol

message 5: by Renee (new)

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been curious about it.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I love it! I got my mom to watch it, and she loves it. I cried so much in the first season, but it might of been the pregnancy hormones too.

message 7: by Giki (new)

Giki | 272 comments not at all related to historical fiction but I have just finished watching the 2nd series of 'the handmaids tale' - which was great, and just started watching 'the bodyguard' on the BBC which is also really good

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 03, 2018 09:50AM) (new)

How is Handmaid’s tale?

message 9: by Giki (new)

Giki | 272 comments I love it - I have read the book too and enjoyed that. The 2nd series takes a different direction- it can be fairly unrelentingly grim at times but I find it really interesting.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh good. We just got Hulu, and I wanted to watch it.

message 11: by Sue (new)

Sue Marsh | 48 comments I’m waiting for the televised “Lymond Chronicles” with bated breath. The adapter of the current ITV “Vanity Fair” is writing a pilot episode. Exciting!🤩

message 12: by Renee (new)

What? What? That could be so cool.
(I’m assuming that VF went pretty well, of course.)

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 80 comments I am watching Jane the Virgin on Netflix. It is super cute.

message 14: by Giki (new)

Giki | 272 comments Sue wrote: "I’m waiting for the televised “Lymond Chronicles” with bated breath. The adapter of the current ITV “Vanity Fair” is writing a pilot episode. Exciting!🤩"
I can't work our if I love or hate this idea. I suppose it will depend on weather they manage to make everything on screen exactly the same as it is in my head.....

message 15: by Renee (new)

Hahaha! So very true!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Sue wrote: "I’m waiting for the televised “Lymond Chronicles” with bated breath. The adapter of the current ITV “Vanity Fair” is writing a pilot episode. Exciting!🤩"

Say what!

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie) wrote: "I am watching Jane the Virgin on Netflix. It is super cute."

How is this show? It seems interesting.

message 17: by Sue (new)

Sue Marsh | 48 comments Giki, I feel sure that there will be plenty of comment on all the DD forums about the LC series if it ever makes it onto the small screen and goodness knows what it will be like (casting will be a HUGE issue), but at least it will encourage people to discover DD and read her books which can only be a “good thing” (to quote 1066 and All That, if any of you ever read that - it was a humorous whizz through historical happenings always ending in the comment. This was a good thing or conversely, This was a bad thing, so I’m afraid it’s a family joke comment ever since!)

message 18: by Giki (new)

Giki | 272 comments Sue wrote: "Giki, I feel sure that there will be plenty of comment on all the DD forums about the LC series if it ever makes it onto the small screen and goodness knows what it will be like (casting will be a ..."
I am a HUGE fan of 1066 and all that, I agree that more people reading the books is a GOOD THING, I just hope that they don't dumb it down and sex it up, that would be a BAD THING.
They sometimes film historical TV dramas on the estate where I live - so I am already daydreaming about being cast as an extra.....

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Giki wrote: "Sue wrote: "Giki, I feel sure that there will be plenty of comment on all the DD forums about the LC series if it ever makes it onto the small screen and goodness knows what it will be like (castin..."

Were you casted as an extra before! That would be awesome

message 20: by Sue (new)

Sue Marsh | 48 comments Giki, how exciting! You must keep us posted if you hear anything. Is the estate in Scotland?

message 21: by Giki (new)

Giki | 272 comments Alex Farrand wrote: "Were you casted as an extra before! That would be awesome"
Err, no... they don't usually work like that. But daydreams though, you may as well make them good, get full value from them.

message 22: by Sue (new)

Sue Marsh | 48 comments Giki,👍😂

message 23: by Renee (new)

Just curious... Is anyone else watching the BBC Les Miserables with Dominic West and Lily Collins. It’s freaking fabulous so far. (I read the whole gigantic book two years ago; one chapter a day for the whole 365. Seriously gigantic!)