Click Date Repeat (Click Date Repeat, #1) Click Date Repeat discussion

Click Date Repeat Revision & A Sincere Apology

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.J. (last edited Sep 11, 2018 05:43PM) (new) - added it

K.J. Farnham The following is from a letter I wrote to readers of Click Date Repeat. The letter can be viewed in its entirety here-> https://kjfarnham.com/2018/09/02/clic...
----------------------------------------
There’s a situation in Click Date Repeat that has ruined the book for many readers. Some have found the scene to be too sexually graphic, some have said the main character is “too loose,” and some . . . (I’m taking a deep breath because this is the feedback that has been haunting me) . . . some say she was raped.

I can handle it being called too sexually graphic, and I can handle Chloe being called “loose” because she’s in her early twenties and people in their early twenties tend to have sex. What I can’t stomach is the number of readers who feel she was raped, because that was not my intent. As a result, I’ve revised the scene and all parts of the book that reference the scene.

Please know that I didn’t make these revisions to avoid negative feedback. I did it because I felt a moral obligation to remove any action or statement that could be perceived as evidence of date rape. That was never my intent, and I apologize wholeheartedly to those who saw it as such.

Sincerely,

K. J. Farnham

If you have a digital copy of Click Date Repeat OR the Click Date Repeat Series Box Set and would like a revised version, please do the following:

1) Send proof of purchase OR a screenshot of the last page of Click Date Repeat to author@kjfarnham.com.
2) Include your Kindle email address.
3) Add author@kjfarnham.com to your Kindle’s list of approved senders.

Shelby Gaug I read CDR back in November 2017 and I honestly don't remember a scene like this or anything that made me feel uncomfortable with the story or the characters. Good on you for taking action though! Any chance you would care to mention where in the book this was? Just for a curious reader. :)

Shelby Gaug Umm..disregard my previous comment.. I actually went to see if I had anything highlighted (since it was Kindle version) and I actually had several lines from this scene highlighted.. What a fickle thing memory can be...

message 4: by K.J. (new) - added it

K.J. Farnham Shelby wrote: "Umm..disregard my previous comment.. I actually went to see if I had anything highlighted (since it was Kindle version) and I actually had several lines from this scene highlighted.. What a fickle ..."

Thank you for taking the time to read Click Date Repeat, Shelby! I also appreciate your comments here. ~KJ :)

For anyone else who's curious, the edited scene occurs in the last two sections of chapter 34, and related revisions have been made to chapter 35.