Play Book Tag discussion

Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1)
This topic is about Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
September 2018: Friendship > [Decathlon] Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore By Robin Sloan 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1663 comments **Decathlon**
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
4 stars

Overall I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun, quick read. I enjoyed the story and liked that It was a bit different. I didn't give it 5 stars because I didn't like the end and I was left wanting when I finished it.

(view spoiler)

I do like how great the friendships were throughout the book except for one. (view spoiler)

I do recommend it for a light, fun read.

Jgrace | 3112 comments I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was fun. I think I liked the ending better than you did. I thought it provided a positive message of people moving on in their lives.

Charlotte | 1663 comments Jgrace wrote: "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was fun. I think I liked the ending better than you did. I thought it provided a positive message of people moving on in their lives."

I liked the message but it was predictable. I knew early on that was how it was going to be ended. And I feel like he could have expanded upon some things a little bit more.

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 418 comments Thank you for using spoiler tags! I want to read this, and am happy to see that you recommend it! :)

message 5: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Sounds like a great contender for the decathlon this month!
This is been on my TBR for AGES

Charlotte | 1663 comments It's been on my TBR since earlier this year when I was trying to do a bibliophile challenge in another group. I decided to make the challenge a year one instead of a quarter, so I'm glad I got it in. It's a really fast and easy read.

KateNZ | 2671 comments This was such a romp of a book. I really liked it - it’s not faultless by any means but it was good fun

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Good review. Thanks for the spoiler tag! I too want to read this so I didn't want to know too much. So glad you loved it.