Taste of Romance discussion

Book chat > Happily ever after or still looking for the one?

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie | 17 comments I am so delighted to see that most of the authors in this group have found their HEA. Isn't it wonderful?
I guess now we know where all those good stories come from.

But what about you guys? Have you found your HEA yet or are you still looking for it?

As for me, I am still looking for Mister Right and hope I'll find him before I get too many wrinkles and gray hair. Haha!

message 2: by Marta (new)

Marta | 3 comments Hi Katie!! I'm the same, still looking for Mr. Right, The One to rival the best book boyfriends out there 😆
And I guess the authors in this group have helped in making me a little demanding about what to look for in my knight in shining Harley 😆
Love from Portugal everyone!! 💓

message 3: by Esra (new)

Esra (esracetin) Hello ladies!! I'm still looking for my Mr. Right as well. But now it's almost impossible to find The One because of these amazing book boyfriends. But I'm soo happy with them :D So I've got no complaints! :D
Love from Turkey <3

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie | 17 comments I agree with you two ladies. I may have become a tad bit too picky because of all these perfect book boyfriends.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy Scott | 5 comments HEA....I have a great man. Married to him 23 years and we are still in love.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 17 comments @Amy that's so nice to hear ;-) Do you have children?

message 7: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Jarvis | 24 comments I got my HEA and 3 kids to show for it :). And I gotta say, reading all of these books is inspiring and ensures that my hubby never complains haha ;)

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I have mine i ve got a sexy hubby and 10 year old twin girls Ellie and Eva. I luv them so much they are my world ❤❤❤

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie pinhorn (jackiepinhorn) | 9 comments I have mine too! married for 14 years in October! we have 4 adorable children!

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie | 17 comments Those lovely HEA make me smile brightly and believe in love and that maybe, mine will come too someday :-)

message 11: by Crissy (new)

Crissy I have mine. Married for 17 years and counting.

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy  (amybosica) I got my HEA. We'll be married 15 years this November and have 2 daughters!

message 13: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (voraciousbookaddict) | 11 comments I have my HEA married 6 years and we have a little boy who is 15 months old.

message 14: by Ptiteaurel (new)

Ptiteaurel | 15 comments I m still looking for Mr Right . Hope I'll find him one day

message 15: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 2 comments Still looking for mine as well. It’s hard to date in today’s world. Although I love reading these stories, I wonder if finding a guy that’s just like “in that book” is unrealistic. Does anyone have a love story that is book worthy to share?

message 16: by Chantale (new)

Chantale Canadian Book Addict (canadianbookaddict) I got mine :) We have been together 14 years (Married 4 years). No children but we have a dog who often acts like he is a child

message 17: by Kristi (new)

Kristi Cramer (kristicramer) | 11 comments I didn't meet mine until I was 37. We married when I was 38, and have been happily married for nearly 14 years. We don't have kids together - I have none (NO REGRETS) and he has 3 sons from his first marriage. They're having kids, now, so I went straight to grandma, which is perfect for me.

Ours could have been a redemption romance of sorts. I'd just resigned myself to living alone for the rest of my life after only a couple failed relationships and he had been to prison for a crime he didn't commit. (If you ever want to know just how broken our judicial system is, ask me to tell our story!) After we met and fell in love, he went back to prison for 2 years (because is PO was a lying bitch) and when he came home we struggled to make ends meet, but ultimately got married, and have made our HEA happen.

message 18: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 6 comments I thought that I had found it many years ago but he had other plans, I am happily single with one son, daughter in law, and 2 granddaughters!!

message 19: by Kvkeith (last edited Sep 03, 2018 11:17AM) (new)

Kvkeith laurie | 10 comments Found him on the second guy I dated (we were in college - 16 and 17) - we dated almost six years while we got our careers established and then married (while we were based in different cities - I should have seen this as an ongoing trend). He had red hair and a great butt from playing baseball professionally - what can I say? I was a goner. We have been married almost 37 years; three kids. He is still in baseball (as a scout) and I am still a nerd in IT. No wonder I like the trope of the bookworm nerd meets the outgoing athlete. (oh,,, and he still has a great butt).

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) I was married for 16 years and then got divorced. I have two teens and now I'm just happy spending time with them, traveling and hanging out with friends. I'm not looking for a romantic HEA. I think my HEA is more about the travel adventures I want to do. Luckily I'm retired military so it makes traveling a whole lot easier!

message 21: by Vickie (new)

Vickie | 9 comments I’ve had mine now for 4o plus years! He is still romantic and supportive. We never go to sleep angry always kiss good night. I’m very fortunate to have my try soulmate.

message 22: by Beth (new)

Beth | 7 comments HEA! I’ve been married to a wonderful man for 26 years. We were set up on a blind dinner date at Mutual friends home just over 29 years ago! We have two fur-babies, Jack and Lacey!

message 23: by Julie (new)

Julie (jdeaton1229) | 2 comments HEA here. I've been married to an amazing man for over 24 years. We are high school sweethearts and been together for 31 years.

message 24: by Mariana (new)

Mariana | 6 comments I have my HEA. Been married for 12+ years with two beautiful daughters. He took his grandmother to the hearing aid place where I worked and got me with a cheesy pickup line. My husband is a man of exceptional character, a good sense of humor, strong arms, and always willing to try new things in the bedroom. I can't complain.

message 25: by Lori (new)

Lori (ldh60) | 13 comments I have had my HEA for 30 years😳, well it will be 30 years in November. We dated for almost 5 years, we now have two amazing boys, 19 and 17, 3 dogs and 1 cat. The advice I would give to those who are looking for that special someone is, compromise! And this need to be from both parties, no one is perfect and certainly no one is like the guys in the books that we all read. Although, mine does come pretty close.

message 26: by Nini (new)

Nini K! (ninisbookworld) | 5 comments I found my HEA in 2006, we were both apprentices in different but collaborating companies. He was 20 and I was 18, love at first sight. We got married September 2015 and Oktober 2016 we welcomed our first child, a beautiful girl.

Steph (A Brunette and Her Books) (abrunetteandherbooks) | 2 comments Still searching for Mr. Right but I'm picky, so there's that

message 28: by Marcipious (new)

Marcipious Slah | 2 comments I am still convinced that my HEA is stuck somewhere in traffic, riding a tortoise or something. It doesn't help that all the wonderful guys in the books have made me all demanding and choosy. But I know I have someone out there meant for me -- he just needs to find his way to ME! :)

message 29: by Sritama (last edited Sep 05, 2018 04:59AM) (new)

Sritama Mondal | 16 comments Okay, so all the beautiful ladies here are either already in their HEA or are searching for Mr. The One...and I'm not (yet). So, nothing for me to say here really, but I am a hopeless romantic at heart, always fantasizing about that special moment when I'll meet my special someone and each book I read just gives me more ideas. Thus, a big thanks to all the authors here for providing the amazing book boyfriends !!!

message 30: by Sritama (last edited Sep 05, 2018 05:03AM) (new)

Sritama Mondal | 16 comments Marcipious wrote: "I am still convinced that my HEA is stuck somewhere in traffic, riding a tortoise or something. It doesn't help that all the wonderful guys in the books have made me all demanding and choosy. But I..."

I feel you, buddy.

message 31: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 15 comments I vote both. If you found the One you should have a HEA .

message 32: by Aliyah (new)

Aliyah Sims (movealongg) | 6 comments I've got mine! I'm 23 and we've been together for a little over 2 years. And yes we are going to get engaged/married, but waiting until we are financially stable to do so :-)

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hutchinson (bellagato) | 46 comments I'm with Marta on this one!
I'm 31, been divorced for nearly 7 years and have sole custody of my 9 year old (girl) and 12 year old (boy). The chaos of all of us having adhd plus we don't really fit in much with certain crowds... I'm totally fine waiting longer to find "the one" (if there even is such a one for me). Being a mom is top priority.

message 34: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Pacaud (chermama30) | 6 comments I have found my HEA. I've been with my husband for 17 years. Hasn't been all happy years gone through some pretty hard times but with lots of work we've made it. We got 2 wonderful children 13 and 10. He has held my hand through the hardest time in my life, going through cancer.but now that I'm in remission i want to enjoy everyday with him and our kids.

message 35: by Aliyah (new)

Aliyah Sims (movealongg) | 6 comments @Cheryl

Congrats on your remission and your HEA!

message 36: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisamarie17) | 4 comments My romance life needs to be in print! I have been married and divorced twice. I am currently in a relationship with my first love. It kinda is a Notebook like story. We both met when we were teens at church camp and had to go our separate ways.... found each other again in 2017 and have been working on making things work as adults. I believe the universe circled back around and brought me my happily ever. I'm happier now than I've been in years!

message 37: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mandina (buffywnabe) | 1 comments Same here. Still looking. Afraid I'm getting too old at this point though!

message 38: by Angela (new)

Angela I did find my HEA with my husband, but not without heartache, devastating struggles and near separations over the past 20 years.

message 39: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Kerns | 18 comments Still looking. Me and a friend joked our future husbands met each other before they could find us and ran off together.

message 40: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Fog (fionaandbuffy) | 14 comments Yes, I have them. 5 of them. My dogs are my HEA. I know weird but I’m too set in my ways. And my boys accept me for me.

message 41: by Heather (new)

Heather (lilwood1) | 16 comments Amy wrote: "HEA....I have a great man. Married to him 23 years and we are still in love."

That’s amazing congrats!

✰♊ Angie ♊✰ HEA! 15 years married. He's my very best friend.

message 43: by Lilpurplepearl (new)

Lilpurplepearl | 4 comments HEA. 25 years together. 3 wonderful children & 3 grandkids with 2 more due in early 2019.

message 44: by Nerdy girl (new)

Nerdy girl | 10 comments Still looking for it. May be he lost his way.:-(

message 45: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 90 comments Cheryl wrote: "I have found my HEA. I've been with my husband for 17 years. Hasn't been all happy years gone through some pretty hard times but with lots of work we've made it. We got 2 wonderful children 13 and ..."

Congrats on your remission. :-)

message 46: by Heather (new)

Heather (lilwood1) | 16 comments Hea and married for 20 years. Two extraordinary kids. For those of you who found congratulations. For those that haven’t just hold on and wait patiently. He’ll be here soon. The standards must remain high. Keeps the jerks out and the ones who truly love you work for it.

message 47: by Janette MR (new)

Janette MR | 16 comments Still looking for Mr. RightForMe 😁