Young Adult Hub discussion

Posts from Members > 2. "Opinions On"

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) | 3 comments Hi! I know I'd love to know others' opinions on stuff, so, to get us started, how about:

What are your opinions on annotating books??

I've just recently starting writing in my books, and I'm one of those readers who freaks out when somebody accidentally bends a page of my beautiful books - but in the last few books I've been reading I've just really needed to, like, write in the margins what I'm thinking, or underline lines that I love - and I love the idea of someone reading the same copy after me and seeing what I thought while I read it - so yeah! But I am still a neat freak within that, though - I match the pen color to the cover and it mATCHES and it's PRETTY, OKAY

message 2: by Cal (new)

Cal (Cal's Reading Corner) (calsreadingcorner) | 65 comments Mod
Hi Ruby!

I absolutely love this idea.

I don't annotate physically on books, mainly because I borrow most from the library.

I don't have the patience to do it in my own copies either :P.

I do enjoy making comments and highlights on eBooks, especially on my Kindle because the quotes carry through to Goodreads.

I used to write down page numbers when I read Divergent and everything by Cassandra Clare. This is because I made fan edits on Instagram, and I needed quotes for the posts.

I think the next question to ask is: Why do you annotate?

description
Aint nobody got time for dat.

message 3: by Cal (new)

Opinions On:

Hi guys-- I'm going to ask a question.

What do you think about breaking the spines in hardbacks? Do you enjoy it? Why or why not?

[image error]
I cringe looking at this, TBR.

But I also love to do it (the first time... then the book is dead to me).

message 4: by Darcey (new)

Darcey I prefer not to crack spines but I occasionally do it by accident and it IS really satisfying so...
I like my books looking neat and new but the books that I constantly re-read don't look like that and I don't really care that much.

And as for annotating books I don't tend to write in them myself, but I don't really mind if other people do as long as it doesn't cover the writing.

message 5: by Cal (new)

Darce wrote: "I prefer not to crack spines but I occasionally do it by accident and it IS really satisfying so...
I like my books looking neat and new but the books that I constantly re-read don't look like tha..."

My copy of Insurgent has been reread sooo many times. That poor spine is a goner!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Divergent (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cassandra Clare (other topics)