Horror Aficionados discussion

Beware of the Blog > Ladies of Horror Fiction Website

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Our brand new Ladies of Horror Fiction website is live! We have all sorts of fun things planned for the future and are creating a comprensive list of authors and author profiles. Please add any authors that we have missed to the directory comments!

https://ladiesofhorrorfiction.com/
https://ladiesofhorrorfiction.com/the...

message 2: by Char (new)

Char  | 16828 comments Mod
Nice!

message 3: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Thanks, Char. It's a labor of love.

message 4: by Kelly B (new)

Kelly B (kellybey) | 605 comments Going to check it out right now.....:-).

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7685 comments My TBR list will soon be filling up!

Jen from Quebec :0) (muppetbaby99) | 397 comments SHINY! --Jen from Quebec :0)

message 7: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Thanks for visiting everyone! We've had a great opening week thanks to our great horror community.

message 8: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments I love what you guys gals are doing over there, mt TBR going to get ridiculous though :/
I haven't completely explored the whole site, are you going to be doing some type of group reads or book club?

message 9: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments We have one guy on the team and hope to add another as we grow. We also have plans for a group read/book club in the near future. The podcast reveal is coming next in October. It's all terribly exciting but we are doing the roll-out slowly because we want to do it right. Thank you so much for your kind comments and for visiting!

message 10: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments I just received confirmation that our first group read will be in November and we will be announcing the details soon! Stay tuned.

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Bark wrote: "I just received confirmation that our first group read will be in November and we will be announcing the details soon! Stay tuned."

Great, I'll stay tuned.

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 6441 comments Mod
Love it!

message 13: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11283 comments Mod
yay! your going to have a podcast!

message 14: by Latasha (new)

Bark wrote: "I just received confirmation that our first group read will be in November and we will be announcing the details soon! Stay tuned."

yay! that's exciting!

message 15: by Jon Recluse (new)

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Great website!

message 16: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Thanks, everyone. @Latasha Two of the team are doing the podcast. I don't like speaking!

message 17: by Latasha (new)

Me either. My accent is heavy. :(

message 18: by Char (new)

Char  | 16828 comments Mod
Oooh, a podcast? Very cool!

message 19: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Our Community Wide Readalong for Rebecca has been announced:

https://ladiesofhorrorfiction.com/201...

message 20: by Latasha (new)

I love Rebecca!

message 21: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Latasha wrote: "I love Rebecca!"

Join us!

message 22: by Kimberly (new)

I just ordered my book!! Should be here this week--finally an "excuse" to read something I've wanted to for a while now!!

message 23: by Latasha (new)

@Bark, I’ll check out the details. If it’s happening right now ifk if I can.

message 24: by Latasha (new)

Oh yeah, I can definitely work with that schedule!

message 25: by Daffy (new)

Daffy True (shasarazad) | 42 comments Looking forward to the podcast! I'll try to join in the community read as well.

message 26: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Latasha wrote: "Oh yeah, I can definitely work with that schedule!"

Yay!

message 27: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Jannicke wrote: "Looking forward to the podcast! I'll try to join in the community read as well."

Awesome! It's almost making me look forward to November and the crazy making season :)

message 28: by Angel (new)

Angel | 48 comments Thanks for the introduction to more horror authors.

message 29: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Angel wrote: "Thanks for the introduction to more horror authors."

You're very welcome :)

message 30: by Alan (new)

Alan Toner | 69 comments Bark wrote: "Our brand new Ladies of Horror Fiction website is live! We have all sorts of fun things planned for the future and are creating a comprensive list of authors and author profiles. Please add any aut..."

Will have to check out.

message 31: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments The first podcast episode is up. You can listen here: https://ladiesofhorrorfiction.com/201...

message 32: by Kimberly (new)

Bark wrote: "The first podcast episode is up. You can listen here: https://ladiesofhorrorfiction.com/201..."

:D

message 33: by Latasha (new)

Oh no! My earbuds died this morning 😭 worst timing ever!

message 34: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Perfect timing, it's bucketing rain here today so I'll be lining up my podcasts and public domain listens.

message 35: by Daffy (new)

Daffy True (shasarazad) | 42 comments I loved it! Great production and content. I appreciate the provided shownotes with headlines and links to the articles and stories you brought up during the podcast. Looking forward to the next one.

message 36: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Jannicke wrote: "I loved it! Great production and content. I appreciate the provided shownotes with headlines and links to the articles and stories you brought up during the podcast. Looking forward to the next one."

Thanks so much for your kind words! The team is hard at work on episode #2. I'll pass your comment on to Toni who isn't on Goodreads.

message 37: by Latasha (new)

I shared the Rebecca read along all over my FB and some groups. I am hoping to find a copy today that does NOT have the hideous red cover.

message 38: by Alex (last edited Oct 20, 2018 10:57AM) (new)

Alex (asato) Great idea!

Horrific music. ^_-

Excellent abbreviated LOHF history.

I subscribed.

message 39: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Latasha wrote: "I shared the Rebecca read along all over my FB and some groups. I am hoping to find a copy today that does NOT have the hideous red cover."

Thanks for sharing. I ended up buying a new one from Amazon because I only had the audio. I got the one with the teal ribbon. I love that cover.

message 40: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Alex wrote: "Great idea!

Horrific music. ^_-

I subscribed."

Thanks so much!

message 41: by Kimberly (new)

Bark wrote: "Alex wrote: "Great idea!

Horrific music. ^_-

I subscribed."

Thanks so much!"

Bark wrote: "Latasha wrote: "I shared the Rebecca read along all over my FB and some groups. I am hoping to find a copy today that does NOT have the hideous red cover."

Thanks for sharing. I ended up buying a ..."

That's the one I just got. I've never read REBECCA before, so this is the perfect opportunity to join in. :D

message 42: by Latasha (new)

I like that cover too.

message 43: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Another excellent podcast. Listened on my way home from work tonight. I really like the historical perspectives. This time on Halloween and its Irish origins. I also like it when you read the book synopses.

message 44: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Alex wrote: "Another excellent podcast. Listened on my way home from work tonight. I really like the historical perspectives. This time on Halloween and its Irish origins. I also like it when you read the book ..."

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll pass your kind words on to Toni. She works so hard to put this all together.

message 45: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments We've created a group here at Goodreads for Ladies of Horror Fiction. We'd love it if you'd join us to talk all things LOHF!

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 46: by Latasha (new)

That’s great! I’m joining now.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2259 comments I went over and joined but y’all know I’m a slacker 😂🤣

message 48: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Latasha wrote: "That’s great! I’m joining now."

Yay! It'll be a great place to do our group reads and find recommendations and talk more easily about the books we love.

message 49: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I went over and joined but y’all know I’m a slacker 😂🤣"

You are not a slacker! And thanks for joining.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2259 comments Yes and you’re welcome 😊

« previous 1