Play Book Tag discussion

Record of a Spaceborn Few (Wayfarers, #3)
This topic is about Record of a Spaceborn Few
Archive: Other Books > Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by annapi (last edited Sep 01, 2018 10:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

annapi | 5153 comments This has been an interesting series, as this third book is nothing like the first two. As such it's not properly a series, because the only thing they have in common is that they are set in the same universe, in a space-faring humanity's future, where we have encountered alien species.

We follow the stories of five very different people, and at first they are all separate, for a good half of the book, before their stories start connecting. I admit I got a bit impatient at first, waiting for something to happen, wanting to know how these characters connected, but once the threads started touching their stories became more meaningful. And actually nothing spectacular happens (well, except at the beginning), but the reader just becomes attached to these people and wants to know what happens to them (at least, that's how it was for me). This is where the author's skill lies - how she makes you care about them, and about this world. And oh, by the way she also has a great deal to say about humanity, where we come from, where we are going, and how we can change and yet stay the same. I continue to be impressed and hope there's another book coming.

Jgrace | 3098 comments Looking forward to this one. I'm waiting for the audio.