#AYEARATHON discussion

September2018 - OwnVoices novels > Day 1 of Reading!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1017 comments Mod
How is your first day of reading going?

Did you start early?

Gil-or (readingbooksinisrael) (meirathefirst) 15:35-I finished Funny Bones Funny Bones Posada and His Day of the Dead Calaveras by Duncan Tonatiuh which is what I planned for this day. I really enjoyed it. It taught me more about something I don't know a lot about and the art style was inspired by Mixtec cultures and I always love art styles that are inspired by the past of the thing that they're talking about. All in all, a great pick forHispanic Heritage Month.

message 3: by ke-sha (last edited Sep 04, 2018 03:47AM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1017 comments Mod
So I finished my Current read and so Hopefully after work Tuesday I'll start on P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han . :)

Did you guys see the Netflix adaptation of To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han ? It was adorable :)

message 4: by Vivian (last edited Sep 04, 2018 10:38AM) (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 107 comments ke-sha wrote: "Did you guys see the Netflix adaptation of To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han? It was adorable :)"

I saw it twice: once alone and the second time with my roommate. It was flawless!

I read the first 25% of If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo and I'm in love! I wish I could pick Amanda (the main character) in my arms and protect her from all that is nasty in this world.

message 5: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 69 comments I read 119 pages of The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

@Vivian - I just read If I Was Your Girl recently! Really loved it!

message 6: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 107 comments Kaylan wrote: "@Vivian - I just read If I Was Your Girl recently! Really loved it!"

I just finished it! I loved it, too! :D