Hugo & Nebula Awards: Best Novels discussion

The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency, #1)
This topic is about The Collapsing Empire
Monthly Reading: Discussion > September 2018 "Collapsing Empire" Discussion <No Spoilers>

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Art, Stay home, stay safe. (new) - rated it 3 stars

Art | 2546 comments Mod
Group Read #16

message 2: by Oleksandr, a.k.a. Acorn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Oleksandr Zholud | 3977 comments Mod
A nice space opera, I've read it last year. As far as John Scalzi considered, I preferred his other books. Easy and fast read

Allan Phillips | 2335 comments Mod
Done. Managed to read the whole thing in two days. Good old school type of story and Scalzi's trademark dialogue. Really enjoyed it.

message 4: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kateblue | 4054 comments Mod
If you haven't started yet it;s Kindle version is on sale today only

https://www.amazon.com/Collapsing-Emp...

message 5: by Ed (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ed Erwin | 722 comments Allan wrote: "Done. Managed to read the whole thing in two days. Good old school type of story and Scalzi's trademark dialogue. Really enjoyed it."

Same for me. Cynical and snarky, but quick and fun. More about the human characters than about some big SF idea, though there is a big SF idea in the background.

message 6: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kateblue | 4054 comments Mod
I got an email today to "Read John Scalzi’s The Consuming Fire: Prologue" plus there's a link to first chapter

https://www.tor.com/2018/09/24/excerp...

This is the follow up to The Collapsing Empire and is coming out in October

TomK2 (thomaskrolick) | 312 comments I accidentally opened up the spoiler thread, but only read one spoiler before I figured it out. My one third done opinion is very favorable! So far I am thinking more like Allan and Ed. I actually put it down in an attempt to make it last the whole weekend, it is enjoyable and easy to keep going.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Scalzi (other topics)