What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Time travel to Modern day

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niki11784 (new)

Niki11784 | 22 comments Looking for a time travel book, similar to Lynn kurland but I’m looking for a hero or heroine that travel from medieval or Victorian times to today- something like the movie Kate and leopold.

message 2: by Abby (new)

Abby Freestone (aafreestone) | 8 comments Enchantment by Orson Scott Card had other elements in it but a major event in the book is a woman going forward in time, and that's all I want to day. It's fantasy.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Oct 23, 2018 02:39PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6966 comments Mod
Sandra Hill has an entire series with this trope. But it's Vikings coming forward to modern times. Be warned though--she has 2 Viking series, and the one you want is called, unimaginatively Viking 2. The Last Viking is the first book in the series. The first 3 books are about 3 brothers who all come forward in time, just to different places in the U.S. After that, the series starts to follow the third brother's kids--he has a dozen or so. Some he brought with him when he made the trip through time (on a Dragon Ship, of course) and some of whom he left behind to hold onto his lands. The kids then either come forward on their own and find a love in modern times OR they go backward in time to find a love and bring the love forward. Then it spreads to the SEALs that 2 of the brothers had been working with. Funny bits and very light hearted.

Jane's Warlord however has the opposite happen. A man from the FUTURE comes back to our time to help a woman who is being hunted by another time-traveler who wants to kill her.

message 5: by Niki11784 (new)

Niki11784 | 22 comments I'll check these out, thank you. Just to clarify- I am not looking for future time travel to the current day but like Anne recommended- olden day time traveling to current day.

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments Time After Time by Karl Alexander was the basis for the film of the same name. H.G. Wells shows off his time machine to his dinner guests, not realizing that one of them is Jack The Ripper. When the cops come calling, Jack uses the time machine to escape to the future (as one does) and H.G. follows him. Never read the book, but I liked the movie quite a bit.