Addicted to YA discussion

Miscellaneous > Looking for this YA novel

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Missy (new)

Missy | 2 comments I read a review for a dystopian novel a while back and forgot to jot down the name. Id like to read it if someone can recognize the synopsis.

The story was about a post war america where the chinese took over many years previously and now a group of people are starting a civil war to reclaim america back. It wasnt an older novel but one done recently i believe. It was listed with the YA books but now i cant seem to find it anywhere. I think it mentioned the teens figured out a lot of past history by finding old forbidden history books as well. That may be from a different novel but i think it might have all been from this one. Any help would be appreciated!!

message 2: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Ward (kristin_ward_author) | 18 comments Is it this one?

AMERICAN WAR
By Omar El Akkad

message 3: by Missy (new)

Missy | 2 comments no that one doesnt include a war with china. some days I think I dreamed it since I havent found it since I first saw it. lol

message 4: by Ubah (new)

Ubah (theironfeyrules) It kinda sounds like the selection by Keira cass but at the same time no but it could be they are over taken by China but they got it back and now there are rebel’s who are trying to steal the books of there history ya no oh well

message 5: by Natty❤Malec (new)

Natty❤Malec (nattymalec) It sounds a bit like The Selection by Keira Cass. The main character is called America and there is a caste system based on numbers. The story is set in the palace where there is a group of girls all competing to marry Prince Maxon.
Does that sound right??

message 6: by mysticofworlds (new)

mysticofworlds | 64 comments Natty❤Malec wrote: "It sounds a bit like The Selection by Keira Cass. The main character is called America and there is a caste system based on numbers. The story is set in the palace where there is a group of girls a..."

What does that have to do with China taking over though? There's a war against New Asia, but it's not about reclaiming America from foreign hands.

message 7: by Natty❤Malec (new)

Natty❤Malec (nattymalec) I honestly have no idea then 😂

message 8: by Athena (new)

Athena (OneReadingNurse) (onereadingnurse) | 30 comments china had teken over, and they learned the history through reading diaries.