Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

When the Dream Dies
This topic is about When the Dream Dies
Book Issues > When The Dream Dies (The Rim World #2) by A. Bertram Chandler .

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Best | 333 comments I own a copy of this book: 0850313619 (ISBN13: 9780850313611)

It is a paperback (not shown)

I have a cover photo if you wish to use.
https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...

Synopsis taken from rear cover. (different to shown on GR)

ALAN KEMP HAD A DREAM FEW SPACEMEN EVER SAW COME TRUE. BUT IN THE RIM WORLD ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE...
Alan Kemp was a man obsessed. Stranded with his crew on the Rim planet Elsinore, he saw a chance to realise that dream - and took it. When a gausjammer crash-landed on Elsinore, Kemp rebuild the second-hand, obsolete starship and set out to establish a shuttle between the Rim planets.
But before they reached their destination, Kemp and his comrades were waylaid by an alien colony. A colony inhabited by giant mechanical spiders who imprisoned their captives in a palace of pleasure whey the chance - or desire to escape - is precisely zero.

Cheers
Steve

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Done. Since the cover was exactly the same as what was on the book record, I used your cover, because it was much better quality.

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve Best | 333 comments Hi Philip. I messed up here. My copy is 0722122527 (ISBN13: 9780722122525) Paperback, published by Sphere with the above synopsis. I must have copy pasted the wrong ISBN. Apologies.

The cover for 0850313619 (ISBN13: 9780850313611) on Amazon. This is a Hardcover
https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Dream-D...

Cheers
Steve

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Done on both accounts. Upon further review of the first one, somebody had changed it from Hardcover to Paperback, so I reverted that, and since it was an obviously bad cover upload originally, that has been fixed with the right cover image.

message 5: by Steve (new)

Steve Best | 333 comments Thanks Philip