Our Great American Read discussion

The Outsiders > The Outsiders - No spoilers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Please post your general comments about The Outsiders here. No spoilers please.

message 2: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments I will be reading this in the second half of the month. I am finishing a book now and have Light in August next in the queue. I am intrigued with this book, however, owing to the age of the author when she wrote it.

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Starting this today.

message 4: by Ptaylor (new)

Ptaylor | 4 comments I love this book, and I read it when it first came out. My brother and I were in high school, and it's the only book we ever argued over as in who got to read it first. Susan Hinton published it under her initials, S. E. Hinton, because she thought that if people knew it was written by a woman, they would be less likely to read it. Anyway, Dallas and Johnny were my favorite characters althought I have to say I liked everyone in it. I reread it for the GAR, and enjoyed it. I found I was more sympathetic with Darry than I was when I was in high school.

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Agree with you on Dallas and Johnny being the best characters. I can also understand that with maturity Darry would resonate better.