Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1)
This topic is about Every Heart a Doorway
Sep 2018: Every Heart a Doorway > Every Heart a Doorway Discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Sep 01, 2018 02:33PM) (new) - added it

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod

Our pick for August is Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire. It is the first novel in the Wayward Children series. You can use this thread to discuss the entire collection.
Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children
No Solicitations
No Visitors
No Quests

Children have always disappeared under the right conditions; slipping through the shadows under a bed or at the back of a wardrobe, tumbling down rabbit holes and into old wells, and emerging somewhere... else.

But magical lands have little need for used-up miracle children.

Nancy tumbled once, but now she’s back. The things she’s experienced... they change a person. The children under Miss West’s care understand all too well. And each of them is seeking a way back to their own fantasy world.

But Nancy’s arrival marks a change at the Home. There’s a darkness just around each corner, and when tragedy strikes, it’s up to Nancy and her new-found schoolmates to get to the heart of the matter.

No matter the cost.

Rune | 43 comments I love this story and this writter as well.

I am half way to considering that i might be a door way child myself....

message 3: by K (new) - rated it 5 stars

K | 5 comments I absolution adored this. I love the concept and the storytelling, but I also really appreciated my own representation in Nancy's asexual, not aromantic orientation. This is actually the first book that I saw myself reflected in one of the characters ❤️

Erica (bookishblond) | 3 comments Oh my gosh! I loved this book so much! I had never heard of Seanan McGuire, and I'm impressed that she's written so many books. I can't wait to read more of her books, starting with the rest of this series!

I read this book in just under two hours this afternoon and I don't think I put it down once. This world, where children disappear into alternate realities that are perfect for them, is so creepy. I can't stop thinking about it.

April I had heard lots about this book and this series, and I usually find I'm not a huge novella fan because they are so short and something is lacking, but McGuire did an excellent job setting the scene and propelling the plot forward. I've heard some people don't care for the murder mystery element, but I found it interesting, and even though I came to guess the killer, it wasn't painfully obvious (I didn't think). I can't wait to see more of the door worlds in the rest of the series. I would hate a world like Nancy's or Jack and Jill's.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Every Heart a Doorway (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Seanan McGuire (other topics)