Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

Hamlet
This topic is about Hamlet
William Shakespeare Collection > Hamlet - NO spoilers

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Pink | 6554 comments This is our Old School Classic Group Read for September 2018.

Please use this thread for general, spoiler free discussion of Hamlet by William Shakespeare

If you wish to discuss the plot in more detail, then please use the spoiler thread here

If you would like a free copy of the book, here are some links for e-book and audio versions:

Project Gutenberg

Librivox

Amazon UK

Amazon.com

Happy reading!

Pink | 6554 comments Halfway through the month and no comments on this thread?!

Maybe Hamlet discussion is suffering from being a recent buddy read.

For anyone who hasn't read this yet, I'd encourage you to give it a try. It's arguably Shakespeare's best play. If you're scared of the text, then you can find notes to help, or my advice would be to watch a performance. I know we're a reading group, but I think seeing the play performed is the best way to enjoy it!

Does anyone have plans to join in?

Renee | 864 comments I'm definitely planning on joining in on this one. I read it back in high school, but it's been so long that I don't really remember a lot of it. I do remember having more trouble with this one than with Macbeth or Romeo & Juliet though. I would love to see it performed! I'm hoping to start next week.

message 4: by David (new)

David | 2 comments I'm happy to join in! It's an endlessly fascinating play!

message 5: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 4200 comments I'm planning to read this too, hopefully next week like Renee. I'll be the one who's never read it!

message 6: by Denise (new)

Denise | 1 comments I think it's quite hard to discuss without spoilers. Almost anything you might say would give something away.
It's quite a while since I read it, but I did see it performed last year and it was excellent. Hamlet's madness is key, is he pretending? Or is he eventually truly maddened by events?

message 7: by Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (last edited Jun 08, 2019 09:10AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I'm not a huge Shakespeare fan, but I can appreciate a good story...especially when Disney does a variation! ;)

Catching up on Classics (and lots more!)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hamlet (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

William Shakespeare (other topics)