What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Old era English romance novel. The hero and heroine like each other but the hero doesn't want to get married because he thinks that his offsprings will be abominations because of a sibling's child who btw is locked away in some tower now.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sulliver jinki (new)

Sulliver jinki | 2 comments The heroine was in some kind of danger because of a leery man, the hero saves her (actually the heroine herself played a big part in saving herself as I remember). Then the heroine pretends to be a maid in order to take care of the hero's mother because she has a crush on him. The hero lives in a kind of castle (I think this book was set before the Regency Era). Since his sibling's (I don't remember if it was a sister or brother) child was born severely disfigured, practically a monster, he fears that his offspring will be too. So he's against marrying. But the heroine somehow does marry him (maybe by tricking him, I don't remember that well).
It was a series. The first book was about the heroine's parents. I think the author is deceased now, this book is verrry old. Also, I think the author was a female.
And another thing, the hero's mother and the heroine's God father have a romantic history together which is revealed at the end of the novel.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36528 comments Mod
Sulliver, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

Can you describe the child's physical disfigurement? Did s/he have psychological problems?

Can you tell us more about the hero - loner/brooding, rake/flirtatious, his skills/interests, etc.? What about the heroine - rich/titled or poor, has special healing skills, personality, etc.? What's wrong with his mother?

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40603 comments Mod
Sulliver, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Sulliver jinki (new)

Sulliver jinki | 2 comments Yes, I actually did! Stumbled upon the hardcopy in my house lol. It's called Duel of Hearts .

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36528 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Sulliver. Who is the author?