One Word After Another Book Club discussion

Origin (Robert Langdon, #5)
This topic is about Origin
Book of the Month > Dan Brown's Origin

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 96 comments I'm about half way through the book and it is interesting, but so far hasn't been as good as some of his other books. I've found that his writing is up and down. Angels & Demons is by far my favorite of his. The Da Vinci Code would be second. This could end up being 3rd, but right now that would be Inferno. There is a lot of anti-church rhetoric in it, so if you are a devout Christian I wouldn't recommend this book.

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 96 comments Just reached chapter 73 yesterday. This is what happens when you get stuck at a gas station hoping your phone doesn't die before AAA can get there. Big reveal in the novel around there, but the author does something I hate. Revealing something to the characters and then make the reader wait a few chapters to find out what it is. Why do writers like to torture their readers? I mean... that's what the characters are there for. It doesn't build anticipation, it causes frustration.

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 96 comments I just got to a part of the book where there is a huge reveal that has been in the works the entire book. Mind=blown. Not a fan of the way the author keeps winking at the audience at this point, but the reveal is worth the wait for those who are science nerds. This puts this up a few notches in the hierarchy of my favorite Dan Brown books.

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 96 comments Only a few pages left to read for this one. I need to finish before the new book arrives! I just ordered the October book of the month. No pressure! :D

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 96 comments I just finished Origin and will be posting a review sometime over the weekend weeeeee

message 6: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Schoch (lydiaschoch) | 26 comments Cool!