Fahrenheit 451
This topic is about Fahrenheit 451
Read > Fahrenhiet 451

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 1 star

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
Thoughts?

Aqsa (her_747) | 570 comments Here are most of the thoughts I had about it (They aren't spoilers-just about the message given through the book)

Okay, so I wasn't sure about this one at all but it pulled me in from the first line to be honest and I'm glad to have read it and understood what messages it gave. It's not about just burning books and living a life where you are so damn busy to even think. It's so much more really.
It was an eye opener and it was something I knew-something we all know-but we don't really say it or even believe it.

We all live in this amazing world where we have so much to be grateful for, but we never are. We are so advanced in everything and yet we don't have time to appreciate a simple thing, a little beauty, some part of nature, or even ourselves. We are so damn absorbed in our activities that we don't even know why we're doing them. We don't have time for anyone and yet we have time for all the stupid stuff. We complain about everything and are thankful for nothing. We think only we know everything there is to know and yet we have no real knowledge of much. We think we're spending our time in the best possible way when we do know deep inside that we aren't. We do get time but we'd rather spend it doing something we are habitual to do than thinking whether we should be doing it at all. We have all the emotions and feels for the fictional world out there but we are stones when it comes to those who are close to us. Why is that? Why do we easily listen and respond to those who are virtually present than those who are right next to us? It's sad really, even pathetic.

Are You Happy?

Don't lie though-not even to yourself!

There is so much that could be said about this one, but I won't. I recommend you read it-and figure something out by yourself.

Arjun Saravanan | 1 comments When our dependents on technology for the greater good, becomes an obsession. It take a path where a few people have the power and others are just sheep's following the rules without the effort of thought. Life at this point is just a routine rather than an experience.
This book first read gives you the goose bumps. The way it's written to show the reader, a theory of what we are becoming. From streets being filled with billboards that are humongous to binging on TV shows which make our lives revolve around fairly Land, followed by depending on medicines for happiness. At a point while reading, this book brought a realisation of all that small things we do add up to a smart part of this.

Summer (paradisecity) | 7 comments This book just didn’t work for me. The stream of consciousness style of prose was heard to follow and I didn’t feel invested in any of the characters. Bradbury was definitely prescient and he raised some good points, but I’ve seen more modern takes on this idea done more effectively.

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Taylor | 3 comments I have not read either book.

Alia | 29 comments I just want to know how they memorize all those books.