Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

Twilight Eyes
This topic is about Twilight Eyes
Stand Alone Novels 1980-1985 > Twilight Eyes (Group Read - October 2018)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 6060 comments Mod
Perfect for Fall and Halloween, A Carnival Comes to Town . . . .

Charissa Wilkinson (lilmizflashythang) | 247 comments Will check out the conversation then.

I plan to re-read in October :-)

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (justinelily) | 14 comments It's been a while since I've read Twilight Eyes. I'll also read again in October.

Elizabeth wrote: "It's been a while since I've read Twilight Eyes. I'll also read again in October."

Thanks Elizabeth! :-)

There will be goblins . . . for those with the eyes to see them.

Susan Beamon (susanbeamon) | 69 comments Twilight Eyes was the first Koontz book (under that name, I think I read his books under pen names) I read and so it has a special place in my memory. I have a copy to re-read for October.

Thanks Susan 🎃

I am currently reading Twilight Eyes. I see a lot of connections to Odd Thomas with the ability to see things that others can not. Also of note is that Odd Thomas and Stormy are introduced to us as they visit a traveling carnival and receive the message "You Are Destined To Be Together Forever." from the Gypsy Mummy Fortune Teller.

Tommye. Schoenberger (tommyenv) | 28 comments This one has eerie (some good some bad) memories for me but as many books as I have going at once I haven’t taken the time to update my shelves but I am rereading in the spooky spirit of the season and as usual with his books loving it! 🎃

message 10: by Linda R, (new) - added it

Linda R, This is my first time reading twilight eyes. I have already started the whispering room so I dont know which to finish first.

I'm still reading Twilight Eyes getting toward the end now. What an epic story with some beautiful passages such as this one that I noticed today (chapter 27):

Even for those of us fortunate enough to avoid the goblins, life is not entirely smooth and easy. But the myriad methods we employ to get ourselves across patches of rough ground are a testament to our great will to survive and to get on with the act of living.

message 12: by Fred (last edited Oct 14, 2018 10:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments I have finished & “love” described are good by Dean.

message 13: by Linda R, (new) - added it

Linda R, Did this book have a sequel? It seems to end some what were it started plot wise.

Linda R, wrote: "Did this book have a sequel? It seems to end some what were it started plot wise."

That's exactly what I was thinking! There was never a sequel, but it seems Dean purposely ended the story for a possible sequel.

Susan Beamon (susanbeamon) | 69 comments Finally finished it. Some things I had forgotten. The copy I read had an afterword by Dean where he talked about possible television shows back in the early 70's. Nothing came of that, fortunately. It does feel like he left room for more story, since Slim knew of other Goblin nests. Would have been interesting, but not too likely now, since there are no real traveling carnivals like that any more. There are shows with some rides and a few games, but not like there used to be.

message 16: by Linda R, (last edited Nov 09, 2018 11:47PM) (new) - added it

Linda R, I'm now rereading the Darkest Evening of the Year. The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz It's a good piece to follow Twilight Eyes.