Mental Health Bookclub discussion

The Glass Castle
This topic is about The Glass Castle
2018 Group Reads - MH Nonfiction > September nonfiction (Impulse control disorders ± addictions) Jeannette Walls "The Glass Castle"

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marju Palmiste  | 9 comments This month's nonfiction read is Jeannette Walls' "The Glass Castle". It's a memoir.
The book revolves around Jeannette, being the second oldest child of four, and her family. Her father is an alcoholic and her mother is an artist. It's kind of a coming-to-age story as it follows Jeannette's childhood to adulthood. There's also episodes of neglect and abuse, but the writing itself is often humourous and easy to understand. Not to spoil anything else - this is what we'll be reading for this month and I'm looking forward to the discussion and your thoughts :)

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Aloha,

I read this book awhile ago. It was five stars! I am going to reread to refresh my memory. Excellent choice!

Be well,
RM Griffin
(alwaysdaddygirl)
🤙🇺🇸

message 3: by Di (new) - rated it 5 stars

Di | 391 comments Mod
Some people should not raise kids. I think I held my head and facepalmed every 2 pages. Horrifying parenting. And the pride the parents had! They would not accept charity and government help (food stamps)... I am speechless.

but at least it gave me confidence that in the future, however bad parent I might perceive myself to be, I will never stoop so low as those bipedal creatures!

Gave it five stars. Also recommended it to a friend. ( Marju- it's Olar :D :D )