Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Karly’s August Reads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karly (new)

Karly | 342 comments Shorter list than I would have liked, but what can you do. Lot of 5 stars though so that makes up for it!

Hey Ladies!: The Story of 8 Best Friends, 1 Year, and Way, Way Too Many Emails - Michelle Markowitz. 5 stars. This was hilarious. Whole book was written in email chains and group text threads. If anyone has ever been on a group email chain to plan something complex, you’ll appreciate the comedy in this.

Career of Evil - Robert Galbraith. 5 stars. Love a Cormoran Strike novel, though this wasn’t my favorite of the 3. Can’t wait for Lethal White this month!

Chairs By Architects - Agatha Toromanoff. 5 stars. A book about chair design sounds like it would be boring but it was actually quite fascinating and well structured, so it was always interesting.

The Year of the Hare - Arto Paasilinna. 2 stars. Was hoping this would turn out better. Perhaps it was because it was translated from Finnish. Man hits an injured hare with a car, decides to give up his current life and live differently with the hare. Greats concept, but didn’t quite make the mark.

The Woman in the Window - A.J. Finn. 5 stars. Loved this book! I was worried because it was overly hyped, but it really delivered for me. Plus I loved all the classic film references as I also love classic film.

Already on to Dark Places by Gillian Flynn to start off my September:)
Happy reading everyone!

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15059 comments Happy Reading to you too Karly; some good ones on your list!
Lethal White is high on my anticipated list too! It will be a group read so looking forward to discussing it. I’ve been watching the CB Strike BBC television episodes and savoring them slowly to get ready!

message 3: by Karly (new)

Karly | 342 comments Yay! I’m glad it will be a group read - can’t wait! I’m still trying to figure out how to get Cinemax here so I can watch it. :)

message 4: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1395 comments JF: Her Fear by Shelley Shepard Gray (Amish mystery)
NR:The Spying Moon by Sandra Ruttan (Canadian mystery)

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1654 comments Nice list Karly! The Woman in the Window sounds like something I would like :)

message 6: by Karly (new)

Karly | 342 comments I highly recommend Susie! :)