New Adult Book Club discussion

The Chase (Briar U, #1)
This topic is about The Chase
Archived Monthly Group Reads > September Contemporary Group Read ~ The Chase by Elle Kennedy

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chiara | 532 comments

LINK: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Synopsis
Everyone says opposites attract. And they must be right, because there’s no logical reason why I’m so drawn to Colin Fitzgerald. I don’t usually go for tattoo-covered, video-gaming, hockey-playing nerd-jocks who think I’m flighty and superficial. His narrow view of me is the first strike against him. It doesn’t help that he’s buddy-buddy with my brother.

And that his best friend has a crush on me.

And that I just moved in with them.

Oh, did I not mention we’re roommates?

I suppose it doesn’t matter. Fitzy has made it clear he’s not interested in me, even though the sparks between us are liable to burn our house down. I’m not the kind of girl who chases after a man, though, and I’m not about to start. I’ve got my hands full dealing with a new school, a sleazy professor, and an uncertain future. So if my sexy brooding roomie wises up and realizes what he’s missing?

He knows where to find me.

message 2: by Chiara (last edited Sep 24, 2018 11:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chiara | 532 comments A lot of you voted for this book on our September poll! So, who's gonna read it and discuss The Chase with us? I've read it last month, but if someone is joining me, I'm gonna re-read it :)

Siddhi Nigam | 71 comments Read the book! Would love to discuss!

Chiara | 532 comments Siddhi wrote: "Read the book! Would love to discuss!"

You're in the right place, Siddhi!

message 5: by Hanne (new)

Hanne | 758 comments I still need to read The Goal first, but I'm going to try to read that one and The Chase this month for this discussion ;)

Chiara | 532 comments Hanne wrote: "I still need to read The Goal first, but I'm going to try to read that one and The Chase this month for this discussion ;)"

Great! The Goal is amazing, you should definitely read it ASAP, Hanne, and then join us for The Chase!

Katie | 16 comments I’ve read and loved the book. Don’t hesitate to check out my review ;-)
The Off Campus series is one of my favorite sport romances.

Chiara | 532 comments Katie wrote: "I’ve read and loved the book. Don’t hesitate to check out my review ;-)
The Off Campus series is one of my favorite sport romances."

I loved the Off Campus Series too! I was so thrilled when I found out there was gonna be a spinoff!!

sofia (sofia1028) Ahh, I remember reading The Score and not liking it very much, so when I found out this was about Dean's sister...I wasn't very thrilled. Honestly, I wouldn't have read it if it weren't this month's group read, but I'm so glad I did! I enjoyed it way more than I expected to and now I can't wait for the next book in the series!! Fitzy is definitely a dream and a half, lol.

Siddhi Nigam | 71 comments I loved the off campus series too! And the Chase was a fun read too! And I really want to read The risk now! February is too far!

Chiara | 532 comments SOFIA wrote: "Ahh, I remember reading The Score and not liking it very much, so when I found out this was about Dean's sister...I wasn't very thrilled.'..."

I’m glad you gave this book a chance, Sofia! It’s such an enjoyable story! I cannot wait for the next book in the series, too! I’m sure it’s gonna be a great one ☺️

Chiara | 532 comments Siddhi wrote: "I loved the off campus series too! And the Chase was a fun read too! And I really want to read The risk now! February is too far!"

I totally agree, Siddhi. February cannot come fast enough! 😁