Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > September Non Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2040 comments Mod
What non romance are you listening to? Please share.

message 2: by Trish (last edited Sep 02, 2018 07:05PM) (new)

Trish R. Blown Blown (Gregg Kaplan, #1) by Chuck Barrett . Just started it late last night so I don't know if it's good or bad, yet.

Update 9/2: I finished it and I really liked it.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4841 comments Mod
I’m listening to Lying in Wait by Liz Nugent.
Lying in Wait by Liz Nugent

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Lying in Wait by Liz Nugent and it was dark, chilling and REALLY good! Here’s my review.
Lying in Wait by Liz Nugent

message 5: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 742 comments I finished Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1) by Melinda Leigh Twisted Truth by Melinda Leigh today and really enjoyed it. I wouldn't consider this one romantic suspense, so I thought I would list it on this thread.

I'm now listening to the 2nd book in the series - Truth Be Told. Hopefully the loose ends at the end of the first book will be resolved.

**Both books are available with kindle unlimited in audio or eBook.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli & Isles #7.
The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7) by Tess Gerritsen

message 7: by Debby *BabyDee* (last edited Sep 17, 2018 08:44AM) (new)

Debby *BabyDee* | 506 comments Just finished A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell A Simple Favor
This listen was not what I was expecting. They actually made a movie..going to view and compare.

message 8: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 742 comments I finished Bounty (Colorado Mountain, #7) by Kristen Ashley Bounty by Kristen Ashley over the weekend. It was a decent listen, I enjoyed it.

Now listening to Midnight Rescue (Killer Instincts, #1) by Elle Kennedy Midnight Rescue by Elle Kennedy.
**This series is available with the Audible romance package.

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished Bounty (Colorado Mountain, #7) by Kristen Ashley Bounty by Kristen Ashley over the weekend. It was a decent listen, I enjoyed it.

Now listening to Midnight Rescue (Killer Instincts, #1) by Elle Kennedybook:..."

I’m dying to get back to Colorado Mountain.

message 10: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 742 comments Jonetta wrote: "I’m dying to get back to Colorado Mountain...."

I love this series too. Bounty won't be going on my favorites shelf, but I still enjoyed it. The story is LONG (over 21 hours), but it was fun catching up with all of the lovable characters from previous novels. I'm glad I was able to listen to this one, the narrator for this series does a great job with the large cast.

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

Kathy, I love that they’re long (yes, I’m a masochist). Once I’m in KA world, I don’t want to leave, even for her “meh” books:)

message 12: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 742 comments Jonetta wrote: "Kathy, I love that they’re long (yes, I’m a masochist). Once I’m in KA world, I don’t want to leave, even for her “meh” books:)"

Whoops, I just realized I put this on the wrong thread... Kristen Ashley is definitely not Non Romance!

message 13: by L J (new)

L J | 384 comments Finished listening to A Hiss-tory of Magic (A Wonder Cats Mystery, #1) by Harper Lin A Hiss-tory of Magic(A Wonder Cats Mystery, #1) by Harper Lin narrated by Anne James. I liked that the cats are each such distinct characters while definitely still being cats. It's as much paranormal as cozy cat mystery. Hints at romance but less romance in this one than many other cozy mystery series I read. Maybe there will be more romance later.

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli & Isles #7, and enjoyed the story. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Force of Nature by Jane Harper, Aaron Falk #2.
The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7) by Tess Gerritsen Force of Nature (Aaron Falk, #2) by Jane Harper

message 15: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Just finished My Girls: A Lifetime with Carrie and Debbie My Girls A Lifetime with Carrie and Debbie by Todd Fisher and enjoyed it more than expected. The details of Debbie Reynold's business failures due to horrible husbands were very eye opening. I admire her tenacity in trying to build a museum (multiple times) to house her Hollywood costume/memorabilia collection.

message 16: by L J (new)

L J | 384 comments Better Homes and Corpses by Kathleen Bridge Better Homes and Corpses by Kathleen Bridge. Not bad but not my thing. I didn't care for the way the book was written. Too much time spent on unlikable characters and things unimportant to me. Maybe these were supposed to be red herrings. Important information about the main character was too slow to be revealed. Able to finish this only because of listening while doing other things.

message 17: by L J (new)

L J | 384 comments Time for something I had confidence I would enjoy and I did.
The Cats Came Back (A Magical Cats Mystery #10) by Sofie Kelly
The Cats Came Back(A Magical Cats Mystery #10) by Sofie Kelly read by Cassandra Campbell. It's not the mystery of who done it that keeps me reading these books but the fun of seeing the characters and community. Love Kathleen and Marcus as a couple. As much as Marcus is at Kathleen's isn't it time for their cats to be introduced to each other? Kathleen now seems comfortable talking to the cats and interpreting their answers. Marcus' cat isn't in this one but Lucy the head Wisteria Hill cat is. The usual cast of human characters are present and there are remarks about the specialness of the Wisteria Hill cats. Could it be some long time residents know how special?

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Force of Nature by Jane Harper, Aaron Falk #2, another great story taking us back to Australia. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Into the Darkness by Sibel Hodge.
Force of Nature (Aaron Falk, #2) by Jane Harper Into the Darkness by Sibel Hodge

message 19: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments I listened to:

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
Sharp Objects
by Gillian Flynn

Listened to this after watching the series starring Amy Adams. The TV adaptation was great. The details in the book really added to the whole experience.

message 20: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments A Polaroid Guy in a Snapchat World by David Spade
A Polaroid Guy in a Snapchat World
by David Spade

just meh . . .

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Into the Darkness by Sibel Hodge and it was really good! Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Don't Believe It by Charlie Donlea.
Into the Darkness by Sibel Hodge Don't Believe It by Charlie Donlea

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.